Apr 3, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
The New York Rangers, fresh off a busy NHL trade deadline day, looked invigorated. The Pittsburgh Penguins, minus Sidney Crosby, looked flat once again.
- Ryane Clowe, acquired Tuesday in a trade with the San Jose Sharks, scored his first goal of the season. Note that he hadn’t scored in 28 games with the Sharks this season. First game in The Big Apple and he lights the lamp. And then he scored again. Two goals in one night? Canucks missing out.
- Derick Brassard, who came over from Columbus in the Gaborik trade, had a goal and three assists. Again, not a bad debut. In keeping with this theme, John Moore, another of the former Columbus crew in the Gaborik trade, also scored – his first of the season.
- Not to be outdone, goalie Henrik Lundqvist passes Ed Gicomin into sole possession of second place on the Rangers’ all-time wins list with 268, as per the Rangers Twitter account.
- So, that’s two games without Crosby for the Penguins and they’re 0-2 in that time, having been outscored 10-2. This after a 15-game winning streak and blockbuster trades, including the acquisition of Jarome Iginla.
- The Penguins believed they lacked the necessary effort on Tuesday in a loss to the Buffalo Sabres. Wonder what they’ll think of tonight’s performance?
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 44
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)