Apr 3, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
The New York Rangers, fresh off a busy NHL trade deadline day, looked invigorated. The Pittsburgh Penguins, minus Sidney Crosby, looked flat once again.
- Ryane Clowe, acquired Tuesday in a trade with the San Jose Sharks, scored his first goal of the season. Note that he hadn’t scored in 28 games with the Sharks this season. First game in The Big Apple and he lights the lamp. And then he scored again. Two goals in one night? Canucks missing out.
- Derick Brassard, who came over from Columbus in the Gaborik trade, had a goal and three assists. Again, not a bad debut. In keeping with this theme, John Moore, another of the former Columbus crew in the Gaborik trade, also scored – his first of the season.
- Not to be outdone, goalie Henrik Lundqvist passes Ed Gicomin into sole possession of second place on the Rangers’ all-time wins list with 268, as per the Rangers Twitter account.
- So, that’s two games without Crosby for the Penguins and they’re 0-2 in that time, having been outscored 10-2. This after a 15-game winning streak and blockbuster trades, including the acquisition of Jarome Iginla.
- The Penguins believed they lacked the necessary effort on Tuesday in a loss to the Buffalo Sabres. Wonder what they’ll think of tonight’s performance?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)