Apr 3, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
The New York Rangers, fresh off a busy NHL trade deadline day, looked invigorated. The Pittsburgh Penguins, minus Sidney Crosby, looked flat once again.
- Ryane Clowe, acquired Tuesday in a trade with the San Jose Sharks, scored his first goal of the season. Note that he hadn’t scored in 28 games with the Sharks this season. First game in The Big Apple and he lights the lamp. And then he scored again. Two goals in one night? Canucks missing out.
- Derick Brassard, who came over from Columbus in the Gaborik trade, had a goal and three assists. Again, not a bad debut. In keeping with this theme, John Moore, another of the former Columbus crew in the Gaborik trade, also scored – his first of the season.
- Not to be outdone, goalie Henrik Lundqvist passes Ed Gicomin into sole possession of second place on the Rangers’ all-time wins list with 268, as per the Rangers Twitter account.
- So, that’s two games without Crosby for the Penguins and they’re 0-2 in that time, having been outscored 10-2. This after a 15-game winning streak and blockbuster trades, including the acquisition of Jarome Iginla.
- The Penguins believed they lacked the necessary effort on Tuesday in a loss to the Buffalo Sabres. Wonder what they’ll think of tonight’s performance?
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 12
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)