Apr 3, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
You’ve learned how PHT feels about the 2013 trade deadline (in video and text form) and also found out which teams received gold stars from Keith Jones and Mike Milbury. What about the rest of the Internet, though?
Here’s a collection of some observations, rants, bits of breathless praise and plenty of snark from the Twitteverse:
“My contract sucks,” says Roberto Luongo, who has decided to waive his no-honesty clause. #TradeCentre
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) April 3, 2013
Can’t imagine the Predators without Martin Erat, or Martin Erat not on the Predators. Part of the furniture.
— Jesse Spector (@jessespector) April 3, 2013
It’s no secret that the trade deadline produced a long lull before the torrent of moves, which forced TSN to kill a lot of time. The National Post’s Bruce Arthur couldn’t help but notice James Duthie’s relief once the trades started trickling in.
When those deals were announced, James Duthie just looked like a smoker who got off a 26-hour flight.
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) April 3, 2013
If in January you told Flyers fans Philly would miss the playoffs AND acquire Steve Mason, you’d be reading this tweet from a hospital bed. — Adam Proteau (@Proteautype) April 3, 2013
There has to be more Mason jokes, right? Yup.
People like to say, “If Wayne Gretzky got traded, anybody can be.”But I think it makes more sense now with Steve Mason’s name inserted.
— Earl Sleek (@earlsleek) April 3, 2013
Look, I don’t want to make the obvious April Fool’s joke, but Steve Mason to Philly can’t possibly be real, can it?
— JapersRink (@JapersRink) April 3, 2013
And then there’s the reality of the situation, which isn’t as funny (via TSN’s Chris Johnston).
Raffi Torres knows SJ fans love Clowe,so next game,in his honor,he’s going to elbow someone in the head from the bench
— jibble scribbits (@Jibblescribbits) April 4, 2013
Much like this year’s deadline, there were definitely some entertainment moments this afternoon.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)