Apr 3, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
You’ve learned how PHT feels about the 2013 trade deadline (in video and text form) and also found out which teams received gold stars from Keith Jones and Mike Milbury. What about the rest of the Internet, though?
Here’s a collection of some observations, rants, bits of breathless praise and plenty of snark from the Twitteverse:
“My contract sucks,” says Roberto Luongo, who has decided to waive his no-honesty clause. #TradeCentre
— Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) April 3, 2013
Can’t imagine the Predators without Martin Erat, or Martin Erat not on the Predators. Part of the furniture.
— Jesse Spector (@jessespector) April 3, 2013
It’s no secret that the trade deadline produced a long lull before the torrent of moves, which forced TSN to kill a lot of time. The National Post’s Bruce Arthur couldn’t help but notice James Duthie’s relief once the trades started trickling in.
When those deals were announced, James Duthie just looked like a smoker who got off a 26-hour flight.
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) April 3, 2013
If in January you told Flyers fans Philly would miss the playoffs AND acquire Steve Mason, you’d be reading this tweet from a hospital bed. — Adam Proteau (@Proteautype) April 3, 2013
There has to be more Mason jokes, right? Yup.
People like to say, “If Wayne Gretzky got traded, anybody can be.”But I think it makes more sense now with Steve Mason’s name inserted.
— Earl Sleek (@earlsleek) April 3, 2013
Look, I don’t want to make the obvious April Fool’s joke, but Steve Mason to Philly can’t possibly be real, can it?
— JapersRink (@JapersRink) April 3, 2013
And then there’s the reality of the situation, which isn’t as funny (via TSN’s Chris Johnston).
Raffi Torres knows SJ fans love Clowe,so next game,in his honor,he’s going to elbow someone in the head from the bench
— jibble scribbits (@Jibblescribbits) April 4, 2013
Much like this year’s deadline, there were definitely some entertainment moments this afternoon.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25