Mar 28, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
So, apparently, a deal between the Boston Bruins and Calgary Flames for Jarome Iginla was going to happen tonight after all.
And so, this would mark the end of an era in Calgary.
Aaron Ward of TSN reported the news first on Twitter just a few moments ago.
There were reports out of Boston tonight that there would be no announcement regarding a possible Iginla trade tonight.
Iginla, 35, scored 525 goals in 1,219 games with the Calgary Flames, after beginning his NHL career with that team in 1996-97.
Update: In a stunning turn of events, Iginla has been dealt to Pittsburgh. Read all about it here.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)