Mar 28, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
So, apparently, a deal between the Boston Bruins and Calgary Flames for Jarome Iginla was going to happen tonight after all.
And so, this would mark the end of an era in Calgary.
Aaron Ward of TSN reported the news first on Twitter just a few moments ago.
There were reports out of Boston tonight that there would be no announcement regarding a possible Iginla trade tonight.
Iginla, 35, scored 525 goals in 1,219 games with the Calgary Flames, after beginning his NHL career with that team in 1996-97.
Update: In a stunning turn of events, Iginla has been dealt to Pittsburgh. Read all about it here.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5