Mar 28, 2013, 12:18 AM EST
So, apparently, a deal between the Boston Bruins and Calgary Flames for Jarome Iginla was going to happen tonight after all.
And so, this would mark the end of an era in Calgary.
Aaron Ward of TSN reported the news first on Twitter just a few moments ago.
There were reports out of Boston tonight that there would be no announcement regarding a possible Iginla trade tonight.
Iginla, 35, scored 525 goals in 1,219 games with the Calgary Flames, after beginning his NHL career with that team in 1996-97.
Update: In a stunning turn of events, Iginla has been dealt to Pittsburgh. Read all about it here.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)