Mar 28, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
So, apparently, a deal between the Boston Bruins and Calgary Flames for Jarome Iginla was going to happen tonight after all.
And so, this would mark the end of an era in Calgary.
Aaron Ward of TSN reported the news first on Twitter just a few moments ago.
There were reports out of Boston tonight that there would be no announcement regarding a possible Iginla trade tonight.
Iginla, 35, scored 525 goals in 1,219 games with the Calgary Flames, after beginning his NHL career with that team in 1996-97.
Update: In a stunning turn of events, Iginla has been dealt to Pittsburgh. Read all about it here.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 23
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (45)