Mar 28, 2013, 12:18 AM EDT
So, apparently, a deal between the Boston Bruins and Calgary Flames for Jarome Iginla was going to happen tonight after all.
And so, this would mark the end of an era in Calgary.
Aaron Ward of TSN reported the news first on Twitter just a few moments ago.
There were reports out of Boston tonight that there would be no announcement regarding a possible Iginla trade tonight.
Iginla, 35, scored 525 goals in 1,219 games with the Calgary Flames, after beginning his NHL career with that team in 1996-97.
Update: In a stunning turn of events, Iginla has been dealt to Pittsburgh. Read all about it here.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)