Mar 27, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
Add another couple of teams to the list that’s reportedly interested in adding Sharks forward Ryane Clowe before the April 3 trade deadline.
Whether the Habs or Canucks are willing to fork over the reported asking price of “a first-round pick and another young asset” for a pending unrestricted free agent that hasn’t scored a goal all season is another thing.
Not to mention, the Canucks are a potential playoff matchup for the Sharks.
But on paper the interest in Clowe makes sense. Both Montreal and Vancouver have been criticized for a lack of toughness and size in their top six, and the 30-year-old certainly has size and toughness.
It’s also reasonable to believe Clowe’s had some bad luck this season. Despite not having a goal in 25 games, he’s fifth on the Sharks with 59 shots. Sometimes the pucks just don’t go in.
Related: Ryane Clowe, trade bait
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)