Mar 27, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
Add another couple of teams to the list that’s reportedly interested in adding Sharks forward Ryane Clowe before the April 3 trade deadline.
Whether the Habs or Canucks are willing to fork over the reported asking price of “a first-round pick and another young asset” for a pending unrestricted free agent that hasn’t scored a goal all season is another thing.
Not to mention, the Canucks are a potential playoff matchup for the Sharks.
But on paper the interest in Clowe makes sense. Both Montreal and Vancouver have been criticized for a lack of toughness and size in their top six, and the 30-year-old certainly has size and toughness.
It’s also reasonable to believe Clowe’s had some bad luck this season. Despite not having a goal in 25 games, he’s fifth on the Sharks with 59 shots. Sometimes the pucks just don’t go in.
Related: Ryane Clowe, trade bait
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)