Mar 27, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
Add another couple of teams to the list that’s reportedly interested in adding Sharks forward Ryane Clowe before the April 3 trade deadline.
Whether the Habs or Canucks are willing to fork over the reported asking price of “a first-round pick and another young asset” for a pending unrestricted free agent that hasn’t scored a goal all season is another thing.
Not to mention, the Canucks are a potential playoff matchup for the Sharks.
But on paper the interest in Clowe makes sense. Both Montreal and Vancouver have been criticized for a lack of toughness and size in their top six, and the 30-year-old certainly has size and toughness.
It’s also reasonable to believe Clowe’s had some bad luck this season. Despite not having a goal in 25 games, he’s fifth on the Sharks with 59 shots. Sometimes the pucks just don’t go in.
Related: Ryane Clowe, trade bait
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)