Mar 27, 2013, 4:52 PM EST
Add another couple of teams to the list that’s reportedly interested in adding Sharks forward Ryane Clowe before the April 3 trade deadline.
Whether the Habs or Canucks are willing to fork over the reported asking price of “a first-round pick and another young asset” for a pending unrestricted free agent that hasn’t scored a goal all season is another thing.
Not to mention, the Canucks are a potential playoff matchup for the Sharks.
But on paper the interest in Clowe makes sense. Both Montreal and Vancouver have been criticized for a lack of toughness and size in their top six, and the 30-year-old certainly has size and toughness.
It’s also reasonable to believe Clowe’s had some bad luck this season. Despite not having a goal in 25 games, he’s fifth on the Sharks with 59 shots. Sometimes the pucks just don’t go in.
Related: Ryane Clowe, trade bait
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 0
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 5
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 9
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)