Mar 27, 2013, 4:52 PM EST
Add another couple of teams to the list that’s reportedly interested in adding Sharks forward Ryane Clowe before the April 3 trade deadline.
Whether the Habs or Canucks are willing to fork over the reported asking price of “a first-round pick and another young asset” for a pending unrestricted free agent that hasn’t scored a goal all season is another thing.
Not to mention, the Canucks are a potential playoff matchup for the Sharks.
But on paper the interest in Clowe makes sense. Both Montreal and Vancouver have been criticized for a lack of toughness and size in their top six, and the 30-year-old certainly has size and toughness.
It’s also reasonable to believe Clowe’s had some bad luck this season. Despite not having a goal in 25 games, he’s fifth on the Sharks with 59 shots. Sometimes the pucks just don’t go in.
Related: Ryane Clowe, trade bait
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11