Mar 16, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey will remain in Edmonton with what could be a fractured cheek bone.
Quincey, 27, was hit by the puck in the third period of Friday’s 3-2 overtime win against the Edmonton Oilers, as per Ansar Khan of MLive.com.
“Docs want him to stay here; they don’t want any pressure, so they’ll get him looked at,” Detroit’s head coach Mike Babcock told MLive.com.
“There’s no X-ray, I can’t believe that.”
This could perhaps open the door of opportunity for defenseman Ian White, who was again scratched from the Red Wings lineup.
The veteran blue liner has expressed frustration with being kept out of the lineup – playing only twice in the team’s last 10 games – while stressing the importance of staying positive at the same time.
In the final year of a two-year, $5.75 million contract with the Red Wings, White insists that he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Detroit.
The Red Wings are in Vancouver Saturday to play the Canucks.
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 15
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 27
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 34
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)