Mar 16, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey will remain in Edmonton with what could be a fractured cheek bone.
Quincey, 27, was hit by the puck in the third period of Friday’s 3-2 overtime win against the Edmonton Oilers, as per Ansar Khan of MLive.com.
“Docs want him to stay here; they don’t want any pressure, so they’ll get him looked at,” Detroit’s head coach Mike Babcock told MLive.com.
“There’s no X-ray, I can’t believe that.”
This could perhaps open the door of opportunity for defenseman Ian White, who was again scratched from the Red Wings lineup.
The veteran blue liner has expressed frustration with being kept out of the lineup – playing only twice in the team’s last 10 games – while stressing the importance of staying positive at the same time.
In the final year of a two-year, $5.75 million contract with the Red Wings, White insists that he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Detroit.
The Red Wings are in Vancouver Saturday to play the Canucks.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)