Mar 16, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey will remain in Edmonton with what could be a fractured cheek bone.
Quincey, 27, was hit by the puck in the third period of Friday’s 3-2 overtime win against the Edmonton Oilers, as per Ansar Khan of MLive.com.
“Docs want him to stay here; they don’t want any pressure, so they’ll get him looked at,” Detroit’s head coach Mike Babcock told MLive.com.
“There’s no X-ray, I can’t believe that.”
This could perhaps open the door of opportunity for defenseman Ian White, who was again scratched from the Red Wings lineup.
The veteran blue liner has expressed frustration with being kept out of the lineup – playing only twice in the team’s last 10 games – while stressing the importance of staying positive at the same time.
In the final year of a two-year, $5.75 million contract with the Red Wings, White insists that he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Detroit.
The Red Wings are in Vancouver Saturday to play the Canucks.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)