Mar 16, 2013, 2:16 AM EST
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey will remain in Edmonton with what could be a fractured cheek bone.
Quincey, 27, was hit by the puck in the third period of Friday’s 3-2 overtime win against the Edmonton Oilers, as per Ansar Khan of MLive.com.
“Docs want him to stay here; they don’t want any pressure, so they’ll get him looked at,” Detroit’s head coach Mike Babcock told MLive.com.
“There’s no X-ray, I can’t believe that.”
This could perhaps open the door of opportunity for defenseman Ian White, who was again scratched from the Red Wings lineup.
The veteran blue liner has expressed frustration with being kept out of the lineup – playing only twice in the team’s last 10 games – while stressing the importance of staying positive at the same time.
In the final year of a two-year, $5.75 million contract with the Red Wings, White insists that he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Detroit.
The Red Wings are in Vancouver Saturday to play the Canucks.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)