Mar 16, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey will remain in Edmonton with what could be a fractured cheek bone.
Quincey, 27, was hit by the puck in the third period of Friday’s 3-2 overtime win against the Edmonton Oilers, as per Ansar Khan of MLive.com.
“Docs want him to stay here; they don’t want any pressure, so they’ll get him looked at,” Detroit’s head coach Mike Babcock told MLive.com.
“There’s no X-ray, I can’t believe that.”
This could perhaps open the door of opportunity for defenseman Ian White, who was again scratched from the Red Wings lineup.
The veteran blue liner has expressed frustration with being kept out of the lineup – playing only twice in the team’s last 10 games – while stressing the importance of staying positive at the same time.
In the final year of a two-year, $5.75 million contract with the Red Wings, White insists that he hasn’t asked for a trade out of Detroit.
The Red Wings are in Vancouver Saturday to play the Canucks.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)