Mar 16, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
It’s hard to think of a worse feeling than accidentally scoring a goal on your own team.
Edmonton Oilers defenseman Jeff Petry knows the feeling. With his team on the penalty kill and leading the Detroit by a goal late in the third period of Friday’s game, Petry inadvertently banged a rebound past his own goalie, Devan Dubnyk, after a point shot from Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
It appeared as though Petry was trying to clear the rebound away from the front of the net. Instead, he put the puck in the back of the net.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 0
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 6
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)