Mar 16, 2013, 1:03 AM EST
It’s hard to think of a worse feeling than accidentally scoring a goal on your own team.
Edmonton Oilers defenseman Jeff Petry knows the feeling. With his team on the penalty kill and leading the Detroit by a goal late in the third period of Friday’s game, Petry inadvertently banged a rebound past his own goalie, Devan Dubnyk, after a point shot from Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
It appeared as though Petry was trying to clear the rebound away from the front of the net. Instead, he put the puck in the back of the net.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)