Mar 16, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
It’s hard to think of a worse feeling than accidentally scoring a goal on your own team.
Edmonton Oilers defenseman Jeff Petry knows the feeling. With his team on the penalty kill and leading the Detroit by a goal late in the third period of Friday’s game, Petry inadvertently banged a rebound past his own goalie, Devan Dubnyk, after a point shot from Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
It appeared as though Petry was trying to clear the rebound away from the front of the net. Instead, he put the puck in the back of the net.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)