Mar 16, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
It’s hard to think of a worse feeling than accidentally scoring a goal on your own team.
Edmonton Oilers defenseman Jeff Petry knows the feeling. With his team on the penalty kill and leading the Detroit by a goal late in the third period of Friday’s game, Petry inadvertently banged a rebound past his own goalie, Devan Dubnyk, after a point shot from Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
It appeared as though Petry was trying to clear the rebound away from the front of the net. Instead, he put the puck in the back of the net.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25