Mar 16, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
It’s hard to think of a worse feeling than accidentally scoring a goal on your own team.
Edmonton Oilers defenseman Jeff Petry knows the feeling. With his team on the penalty kill and leading the Detroit by a goal late in the third period of Friday’s game, Petry inadvertently banged a rebound past his own goalie, Devan Dubnyk, after a point shot from Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall.
It appeared as though Petry was trying to clear the rebound away from the front of the net. Instead, he put the puck in the back of the net.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)