Mar 11, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Michalek only just returned from a 10-game absence due to a knee injury. He played Wednesday against Toronto and Friday versus the Rangers, but two games is apparently all he could muster.
The Sens snapped a four-game winless slide Friday with a 3-2 victory at Madison Square Garden. They’re still four points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg in the Eastern Conference, but they’ll need to keep getting great goaltending if they continue to surrender so many shots. Only Edmonton (33.8) is allowing more shots per game than Ottawa (33.2).
Robin Lehner will start in goal tonight.
There was no update on the condition of injured goalie Craig Anderson.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)