Mar 11, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Michalek only just returned from a 10-game absence due to a knee injury. He played Wednesday against Toronto and Friday versus the Rangers, but two games is apparently all he could muster.
The Sens snapped a four-game winless slide Friday with a 3-2 victory at Madison Square Garden. They’re still four points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg in the Eastern Conference, but they’ll need to keep getting great goaltending if they continue to surrender so many shots. Only Edmonton (33.8) is allowing more shots per game than Ottawa (33.2).
Robin Lehner will start in goal tonight.
There was no update on the condition of injured goalie Craig Anderson.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 44
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 57
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 34
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)