Mar 11, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Michalek only just returned from a 10-game absence due to a knee injury. He played Wednesday against Toronto and Friday versus the Rangers, but two games is apparently all he could muster.
The Sens snapped a four-game winless slide Friday with a 3-2 victory at Madison Square Garden. They’re still four points clear of ninth-place Winnipeg in the Eastern Conference, but they’ll need to keep getting great goaltending if they continue to surrender so many shots. Only Edmonton (33.8) is allowing more shots per game than Ottawa (33.2).
Robin Lehner will start in goal tonight.
There was no update on the condition of injured goalie Craig Anderson.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 20
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6