Feb 26, 2013, 1:40 AM EDT
Injuries have been an all too common theme with the Ottawa Senators this season, and Monday there was yet another development in the MASH unit.
Senators forward Guillaume Latendresse hasn’t played since Jan. 30 due to what the club called whiplash, and he will now see a specialist for another opinion, Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun wrote Monday.
In six games with the Senators this season, Latendresse has one assist. He’s signed with the Senators for one year at $1.25 million.
Despite their injury woes, the Senators have managed to reel off five straight wins, even without Craig Anderson, who is recovering from an ankle injury.
On Monday, the Senators managed a 2-1 shootout win over the Montreal Canadiens thanks to a sterling 44-save performance from Ben Bishop.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 15
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 23
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 80
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 89
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (89)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT