Feb 26, 2013, 1:40 AM EST
Injuries have been an all too common theme with the Ottawa Senators this season, and Monday there was yet another development in the MASH unit.
Senators forward Guillaume Latendresse hasn’t played since Jan. 30 due to what the club called whiplash, and he will now see a specialist for another opinion, Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun wrote Monday.
In six games with the Senators this season, Latendresse has one assist. He’s signed with the Senators for one year at $1.25 million.
Despite their injury woes, the Senators have managed to reel off five straight wins, even without Craig Anderson, who is recovering from an ankle injury.
On Monday, the Senators managed a 2-1 shootout win over the Montreal Canadiens thanks to a sterling 44-save performance from Ben Bishop.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 37
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (42)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)