Feb 26, 2013, 1:40 AM EDT
Injuries have been an all too common theme with the Ottawa Senators this season, and Monday there was yet another development in the MASH unit.
Senators forward Guillaume Latendresse hasn’t played since Jan. 30 due to what the club called whiplash, and he will now see a specialist for another opinion, Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun wrote Monday.
In six games with the Senators this season, Latendresse has one assist. He’s signed with the Senators for one year at $1.25 million.
Despite their injury woes, the Senators have managed to reel off five straight wins, even without Craig Anderson, who is recovering from an ankle injury.
On Monday, the Senators managed a 2-1 shootout win over the Montreal Canadiens thanks to a sterling 44-save performance from Ben Bishop.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)