Mar 5, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators will get a big boost for Wednesday’s Battle of Ontario as Milan Michalek returns to the lineup to face the Maple Leafs.
According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, Michalek will draw back in — for the first time in 10 games — despite not being fully recovered from his knee injury.
Garroich notes that the 28-year-old sniper may require offseason surgery to clean out the knee, which was tweaked during warmup prior to Ottawa’s game against Pittsburgh on Feb. 14.
Michalek had 2G-6A-8PTS in 13 games this year prior to getting hurt and led the Sens in goals last year, with 35.
Ottawa has done well in his absence, posting a 5-3-2 record, but putting pucks in the net has proven difficult.
The Sens haven’t scored more than three in regulation in the 10 games without Michalek and potted just 16 goals total over that stretch.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)