Mar 5, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators will get a big boost for Wednesday’s Battle of Ontario as Milan Michalek returns to the lineup to face the Maple Leafs.
According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, Michalek will draw back in — for the first time in 10 games — despite not being fully recovered from his knee injury.
Garroich notes that the 28-year-old sniper may require offseason surgery to clean out the knee, which was tweaked during warmup prior to Ottawa’s game against Pittsburgh on Feb. 14.
Michalek had 2G-6A-8PTS in 13 games this year prior to getting hurt and led the Sens in goals last year, with 35.
Ottawa has done well in his absence, posting a 5-3-2 record, but putting pucks in the net has proven difficult.
The Sens haven’t scored more than three in regulation in the 10 games without Michalek and potted just 16 goals total over that stretch.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)