Mar 10, 2013, 10:17 PM EST
The Penguins maintain that he’s suffering from an upper-body injury (but not a concussion, at least not yet).
Malkin, 26, played in three games following a March 4 return from a Feb. 22 concussion before this happened. This latest ailment cropped up thanks to a James van Riemsdyk hit from Saturday. He’s scored 24 points in 21 games in 2013.
Pittsburgh blew out the New York Islanders 6-1 tonight without Malkin.
If you believe that Sidney Crosby and Malkin play even better when one of them is out of the lineup, Sunday’s game advanced that argument; Crosby matched a career-high with five assists while Chris Kunitz had a hat trick tonight.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 35
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28