Mar 10, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
The Penguins maintain that he’s suffering from an upper-body injury (but not a concussion, at least not yet).
Malkin, 26, played in three games following a March 4 return from a Feb. 22 concussion before this happened. This latest ailment cropped up thanks to a James van Riemsdyk hit from Saturday. He’s scored 24 points in 21 games in 2013.
Pittsburgh blew out the New York Islanders 6-1 tonight without Malkin.
If you believe that Sidney Crosby and Malkin play even better when one of them is out of the lineup, Sunday’s game advanced that argument; Crosby matched a career-high with five assists while Chris Kunitz had a hat trick tonight.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)