Mar 10, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Coach Dan Bylsma announced last season’s league MVP would miss tonight’s game against the Islanders with an upper-body injury. He made it clear the injury was not a concussion and that he’d be evaluated further tonight.
Malkin already missed time this season with a concussion and tacking on another one would’ve been enough to send the city of Pittsburgh into a panic. As it is, the injury he suffered last night on his collision with James van Riemsdyk looked more like a shoulder issue than one with his head. For what it’s worth, the Penguins next game after tonight is Tuesday against Boston.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11