Mar 10, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Coach Dan Bylsma announced last season’s league MVP would miss tonight’s game against the Islanders with an upper-body injury. He made it clear the injury was not a concussion and that he’d be evaluated further tonight.
Malkin already missed time this season with a concussion and tacking on another one would’ve been enough to send the city of Pittsburgh into a panic. As it is, the injury he suffered last night on his collision with James van Riemsdyk looked more like a shoulder issue than one with his head. For what it’s worth, the Penguins next game after tonight is Tuesday against Boston.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2