Mar 10, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Coach Dan Bylsma announced last season’s league MVP would miss tonight’s game against the Islanders with an upper-body injury. He made it clear the injury was not a concussion and that he’d be evaluated further tonight.
Malkin already missed time this season with a concussion and tacking on another one would’ve been enough to send the city of Pittsburgh into a panic. As it is, the injury he suffered last night on his collision with James van Riemsdyk looked more like a shoulder issue than one with his head. For what it’s worth, the Penguins next game after tonight is Tuesday against Boston.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 11
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 28
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 17
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 57
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39