Mar 9, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
The Penguins announced that Malkin, who has already missed time this season with a concussion, sustained an upper-body injury on Saturday. The silver lining is that it’s not a head injury.
Prior to the injury, Malkin registered an assist, giving him 24 points in 21 games.
Even if the injury is minor, the timing of it is inopportune. Following Saturday’s contest, Pittsburgh will play another five games in just eight days. That stretch includes two games against the soaring Boston Bruins and a match versus the New York Rangers.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6