Mar 2, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s Harry Zolnierczyk was able to escape punishment once, but he likely won’t again.
The rugged Flyers forward delivered a monster hit on Ottawa’s Mike Lundin in the first period of this afternoon’s game that earned him a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Lundin left the game with an upper-body injury and will not return.
As you’ll see in the video, Zolnierczyk appears to leave his feet to deliver the hit and winds up connecting with Lundin’s head. While he wasn’t punished for his hit on Wednesday to Washington’s Mathieu Perreault (see that here), it would seem almost certain that Brendan Shanahan will be calling him to discuss this hit.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)