Mar 2, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s Harry Zolnierczyk was able to escape punishment once, but he likely won’t again.
The rugged Flyers forward delivered a monster hit on Ottawa’s Mike Lundin in the first period of this afternoon’s game that earned him a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Lundin left the game with an upper-body injury and will not return.
As you’ll see in the video, Zolnierczyk appears to leave his feet to deliver the hit and winds up connecting with Lundin’s head. While he wasn’t punished for his hit on Wednesday to Washington’s Mathieu Perreault (see that here), it would seem almost certain that Brendan Shanahan will be calling him to discuss this hit.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 2
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 64
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 34
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 24
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)