Mar 2, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s Harry Zolnierczyk was able to escape punishment once, but he likely won’t again.
The rugged Flyers forward delivered a monster hit on Ottawa’s Mike Lundin in the first period of this afternoon’s game that earned him a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Lundin left the game with an upper-body injury and will not return.
As you’ll see in the video, Zolnierczyk appears to leave his feet to deliver the hit and winds up connecting with Lundin’s head. While he wasn’t punished for his hit on Wednesday to Washington’s Mathieu Perreault (see that here), it would seem almost certain that Brendan Shanahan will be calling him to discuss this hit.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)