Mar 2, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s Harry Zolnierczyk was able to escape punishment once, but he likely won’t again.
The rugged Flyers forward delivered a monster hit on Ottawa’s Mike Lundin in the first period of this afternoon’s game that earned him a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Lundin left the game with an upper-body injury and will not return.
As you’ll see in the video, Zolnierczyk appears to leave his feet to deliver the hit and winds up connecting with Lundin’s head. While he wasn’t punished for his hit on Wednesday to Washington’s Mathieu Perreault (see that here), it would seem almost certain that Brendan Shanahan will be calling him to discuss this hit.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5