Mar 2, 2013, 1:07 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s Harry Zolnierczyk was able to escape punishment once, but he likely won’t again.
The rugged Flyers forward delivered a monster hit on Ottawa’s Mike Lundin in the first period of this afternoon’s game that earned him a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Lundin left the game with an upper-body injury and will not return.
As you’ll see in the video, Zolnierczyk appears to leave his feet to deliver the hit and winds up connecting with Lundin’s head. While he wasn’t punished for his hit on Wednesday to Washington’s Mathieu Perreault (see that here), it would seem almost certain that Brendan Shanahan will be calling him to discuss this hit.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)