Feb 28, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Zolnierczyk relayed the news to Randy Miller of the South Jersey Courier-Post.
The hit was exacerbated by the fact Zolnierczyk nailed Perreault in the waning moments of a game that was entirely out of reach — the Caps were down three with just 25 seconds left in the contest:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Following the contest, Washington head coach Adam Oates absolved Zolnierczyk of blame on the hit, saying Perreault put himself in danger by dangling the puck through the neutral zone.
Update: ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports the NHL has also rescinded Zolnierczyk’s kneeing major.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 14
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)