Feb 27, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
With less than 30 seconds remaining in the Philadelphia Flyers’ 4-1 win against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, Harry Zolnierczyk was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for kneeing Mathieu Perreault:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The good news is that it looks like Perreault is fine, at least early on.
The 25-year-old declined to comment on the hit but didn’t appear to limp after the contest, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
Going a step further, Capitals head coach Adam Oates puts the blame on Perreault:
Oates said he didn’t believe the hit was dirty, faulted Perreault for trying dipsy-doodle through the neutral zone.
— Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) February 28, 2013
We’ll see if the league decides to take an extra look at it.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 21
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27