Feb 27, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
With less than 30 seconds remaining in the Philadelphia Flyers’ 4-1 win against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, Harry Zolnierczyk was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for kneeing Mathieu Perreault:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The good news is that it looks like Perreault is fine, at least early on.
The 25-year-old declined to comment on the hit but didn’t appear to limp after the contest, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
Going a step further, Capitals head coach Adam Oates puts the blame on Perreault:
Oates said he didn’t believe the hit was dirty, faulted Perreault for trying dipsy-doodle through the neutral zone.
— Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) February 28, 2013
We’ll see if the league decides to take an extra look at it.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)