Feb 27, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
With less than 30 seconds remaining in the Philadelphia Flyers’ 4-1 win against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, Harry Zolnierczyk was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for kneeing Mathieu Perreault:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The good news is that it looks like Perreault is fine, at least early on.
The 25-year-old declined to comment on the hit but didn’t appear to limp after the contest, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
Going a step further, Capitals head coach Adam Oates puts the blame on Perreault:
Oates said he didn’t believe the hit was dirty, faulted Perreault for trying dipsy-doodle through the neutral zone.
— Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) February 28, 2013
We’ll see if the league decides to take an extra look at it.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 38
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 34
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)