Feb 27, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
With less than 30 seconds remaining in the Philadelphia Flyers’ 4-1 win against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, Harry Zolnierczyk was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for kneeing Mathieu Perreault:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The good news is that it looks like Perreault is fine, at least early on.
The 25-year-old declined to comment on the hit but didn’t appear to limp after the contest, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
Going a step further, Capitals head coach Adam Oates puts the blame on Perreault:
Oates said he didn’t believe the hit was dirty, faulted Perreault for trying dipsy-doodle through the neutral zone.
— Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) February 28, 2013
We’ll see if the league decides to take an extra look at it.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7