Feb 27, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
With less than 30 seconds remaining in the Philadelphia Flyers’ 4-1 win against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, Harry Zolnierczyk was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for kneeing Mathieu Perreault:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The good news is that it looks like Perreault is fine, at least early on.
The 25-year-old declined to comment on the hit but didn’t appear to limp after the contest, according to the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
Going a step further, Capitals head coach Adam Oates puts the blame on Perreault:
Oates said he didn’t believe the hit was dirty, faulted Perreault for trying dipsy-doodle through the neutral zone.
— Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) February 28, 2013
We’ll see if the league decides to take an extra look at it.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 33
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)