Mar 2, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Lundin was flattened by Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk in the first period of the Flyers’ 2-1 win this afternoon. The play resulted in Zolnierczyk getting a five-minute major and a game misconduct while Lundin was knocked out of the game with the concussion.
With a suspension likely coming for Zolnierczyk, Lundin’s injury will almost certainly play a factor in what Brendan Shanahan decides to do about the number of games he’ll receive. If there’s any kind of frame of reference for a dangerous hit, remember Washington’s John Erskine got three games for his elbow to the face of Wayne Simmonds.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires