Mar 2, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Lundin was flattened by Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk in the first period of the Flyers’ 2-1 win this afternoon. The play resulted in Zolnierczyk getting a five-minute major and a game misconduct while Lundin was knocked out of the game with the concussion.
With a suspension likely coming for Zolnierczyk, Lundin’s injury will almost certainly play a factor in what Brendan Shanahan decides to do about the number of games he’ll receive. If there’s any kind of frame of reference for a dangerous hit, remember Washington’s John Erskine got three games for his elbow to the face of Wayne Simmonds.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20