Mar 2, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Lundin was flattened by Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk in the first period of the Flyers’ 2-1 win this afternoon. The play resulted in Zolnierczyk getting a five-minute major and a game misconduct while Lundin was knocked out of the game with the concussion.
With a suspension likely coming for Zolnierczyk, Lundin’s injury will almost certainly play a factor in what Brendan Shanahan decides to do about the number of games he’ll receive. If there’s any kind of frame of reference for a dangerous hit, remember Washington’s John Erskine got three games for his elbow to the face of Wayne Simmonds.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5