Mar 2, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
Lundin was flattened by Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk in the first period of the Flyers’ 2-1 win this afternoon. The play resulted in Zolnierczyk getting a five-minute major and a game misconduct while Lundin was knocked out of the game with the concussion.
With a suspension likely coming for Zolnierczyk, Lundin’s injury will almost certainly play a factor in what Brendan Shanahan decides to do about the number of games he’ll receive. If there’s any kind of frame of reference for a dangerous hit, remember Washington’s John Erskine got three games for his elbow to the face of Wayne Simmonds.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 4
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12