Feb 15, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
Penguins GM Ray Shero was there while his team got ready for their game in Winnipeg on Friday. Why? The Star Tribune’s Michael Russo suggested that Pittsburgh might be interested in Devin Setoguchi and/or Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher and coach Mike Yeo both worked for the Penguins before coming to Minnesota and Pittsburgh is believed to be in the market for a top-six forward. Additionally, Setoguchi and Bouchard have both struggled this season, so maybe Minnesota would be willing to part with one of them in an effort to shake things up.
Of course, that’s all speculation and given that the trade deadline isn’t until April 3, it might be a while before we find out if this theory has legs.
Also, if this all sounds oddly familiar, it might be because Canucks GM Mike Gillis recently scouted a Washington Capitals’ game, which led to rumors about a possible Roberto Luongo trade. Capitals GM George McPhee later passionately denied any interested in Luongo.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)