Feb 15, 2013, 8:01 AM EDT
Penguins GM Ray Shero was there while his team got ready for their game in Winnipeg on Friday. Why? The Star Tribune’s Michael Russo suggested that Pittsburgh might be interested in Devin Setoguchi and/or Pierre-Marc Bouchard.
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher and coach Mike Yeo both worked for the Penguins before coming to Minnesota and Pittsburgh is believed to be in the market for a top-six forward. Additionally, Setoguchi and Bouchard have both struggled this season, so maybe Minnesota would be willing to part with one of them in an effort to shake things up.
Of course, that’s all speculation and given that the trade deadline isn’t until April 3, it might be a while before we find out if this theory has legs.
Also, if this all sounds oddly familiar, it might be because Canucks GM Mike Gillis recently scouted a Washington Capitals’ game, which led to rumors about a possible Roberto Luongo trade. Capitals GM George McPhee later passionately denied any interested in Luongo.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)