Feb 3, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
While the Caps were being humbled at home by the Penguins to the tune of 6-3, they had a couple of interesting guests watching the proceedings in person.
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis and assistant GM Laurence Gilman were in attendance for today’s game and as you might expect, this has everyone’s imagination running wild. After all, the Caps loss drops them to 2-6-1 on the season and they’ve got a pair of goalies in Michal Neuvirth and Braden Holtby who aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire with their play.
Say, don’t the Canucks have a goalie they’re looking to offload? Wonder if Gillis or Gilman saw anything they liked in today’s game.
Of course, the Caps say there’s never been any talk with the Canucks about Luongo and any rumors are unfounded. Good luck putting that fire out now.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)