Feb 3, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
While the Caps were being humbled at home by the Penguins to the tune of 6-3, they had a couple of interesting guests watching the proceedings in person.
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis and assistant GM Laurence Gilman were in attendance for today’s game and as you might expect, this has everyone’s imagination running wild. After all, the Caps loss drops them to 2-6-1 on the season and they’ve got a pair of goalies in Michal Neuvirth and Braden Holtby who aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire with their play.
Say, don’t the Canucks have a goalie they’re looking to offload? Wonder if Gillis or Gilman saw anything they liked in today’s game.
Of course, the Caps say there’s never been any talk with the Canucks about Luongo and any rumors are unfounded. Good luck putting that fire out now.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5