Feb 3, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
While the Caps were being humbled at home by the Penguins to the tune of 6-3, they had a couple of interesting guests watching the proceedings in person.
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis and assistant GM Laurence Gilman were in attendance for today’s game and as you might expect, this has everyone’s imagination running wild. After all, the Caps loss drops them to 2-6-1 on the season and they’ve got a pair of goalies in Michal Neuvirth and Braden Holtby who aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire with their play.
Say, don’t the Canucks have a goalie they’re looking to offload? Wonder if Gillis or Gilman saw anything they liked in today’s game.
Of course, the Caps say there’s never been any talk with the Canucks about Luongo and any rumors are unfounded. Good luck putting that fire out now.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 16
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)