Feb 3, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
While the Caps were being humbled at home by the Penguins to the tune of 6-3, they had a couple of interesting guests watching the proceedings in person.
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis and assistant GM Laurence Gilman were in attendance for today’s game and as you might expect, this has everyone’s imagination running wild. After all, the Caps loss drops them to 2-6-1 on the season and they’ve got a pair of goalies in Michal Neuvirth and Braden Holtby who aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire with their play.
Say, don’t the Canucks have a goalie they’re looking to offload? Wonder if Gillis or Gilman saw anything they liked in today’s game.
Of course, the Caps say there’s never been any talk with the Canucks about Luongo and any rumors are unfounded. Good luck putting that fire out now.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)