Feb 13, 2013, 10:41 PM EDT
“He and I were engaged. He went down screaming,” Cooke said. “I didn’t even know what happened.”
“Cat is out of the bag. You all know what’s up,” Methot said.
(At least it seems like he’s saying Cooke is a dirty player.)
Meanwhile, Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson was relatively diplomatic.
“I don’t know if it was intentional. But why would you hit someone that way?” Alfredsson said.
Again, considering how upset many are about losing the reigning Norris Trophy winner, that’s about as ambivalent as it gets.
In case you’re imagining a game full of retribution for Cooke, it could be a while. The teams face each other for the last time on April 23, which means that precious playoff positioning could take priority over the Sens seeking revenge against the 34-year-old forward.
Keith Jones and Mike Milbury break down the aftermath in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)