Feb 13, 2013, 10:41 PM EST
“He and I were engaged. He went down screaming,” Cooke said. “I didn’t even know what happened.”
“Cat is out of the bag. You all know what’s up,” Methot said.
(At least it seems like he’s saying Cooke is a dirty player.)
Meanwhile, Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson was relatively diplomatic.
“I don’t know if it was intentional. But why would you hit someone that way?” Alfredsson said.
Again, considering how upset many are about losing the reigning Norris Trophy winner, that’s about as ambivalent as it gets.
In case you’re imagining a game full of retribution for Cooke, it could be a while. The teams face each other for the last time on April 23, which means that precious playoff positioning could take priority over the Sens seeking revenge against the 34-year-old forward.
Keith Jones and Mike Milbury break down the aftermath in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)