Feb 12, 2013, 1:04 AM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer left Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers due to injury, although the initial assessment from the coach may provide reason for optimism.
“Reimer has a lower body injury and we don’t think it’s that serious at this point,” head coach Randy Carlyle told the Toronto Star.
“He shouldn’t miss any extended period of time. But it won’t be a long, drawn-out process, based on our assessment.”
Despite leaving the game, Reimer was still credited with the win. Toronto took control of the game after the first period, scoring three times in the second and rolling to a 5-2 win.
Don’t look now, but the Leafs have won six of their last eight games.
Ben Scrivens took over for Reimer early in the second period, stopping 32 of the 33 shots he faced.
“It is always tougher coming in cold,” Scrivens said to NHL.com.
“That is the nature of the position, as a backup, that is what you gotta be ready for.”
The Leafs were also without defenseman Korbinian Holzer for the latter half of the second period and the third.
He was given a boarding major and game misconduct after hitting Flyers forward Tye McGinn from behind into the end boards.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)