Feb 12, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer left Monday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers due to injury, although the initial assessment from the coach may provide reason for optimism.
“Reimer has a lower body injury and we don’t think it’s that serious at this point,” head coach Randy Carlyle told the Toronto Star.
“He shouldn’t miss any extended period of time. But it won’t be a long, drawn-out process, based on our assessment.”
Despite leaving the game, Reimer was still credited with the win. Toronto took control of the game after the first period, scoring three times in the second and rolling to a 5-2 win.
Don’t look now, but the Leafs have won six of their last eight games.
Ben Scrivens took over for Reimer early in the second period, stopping 32 of the 33 shots he faced.
“It is always tougher coming in cold,” Scrivens said to NHL.com.
“That is the nature of the position, as a backup, that is what you gotta be ready for.”
The Leafs were also without defenseman Korbinian Holzer for the latter half of the second period and the third.
He was given a boarding major and game misconduct after hitting Flyers forward Tye McGinn from behind into the end boards.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)