Feb 1, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
“Overall, we played a pretty solid defensive game,” Anderson said, according to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes. “We just didn’t get it going offensively.”
The question now is if this is an anomaly or the start of a bigger problem for the Ottawa Senators.
Finding the back of the net hasn’t been a problem for Ottawa so far this season, but its leading scorer in 2011-12, Jason Spezza, had back surgery on Friday. At this point, a return around the April 3 trade deadline seems like the best case scenario.
That’s prompted Senators GM Bryan Murray to suggest that his team might make a move. A couple more games like this one might impact his decision.
Fortunately, for Skinner, the Hurricanes didn’t need that goal Friday.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)