Feb 1, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
If everything goes right for Spezza, he might return around the April 3 trade deadline.
The 29-year-old was the team’s leading scorer in 2011-12 with 34 goals and 84 points in 80 games. Ottawa has been doing great offensively this season, but there’s no question that this injury leaves a hole in the team’s lineup. Senators GM Bryan Murray might make a move as a result.
“We’ll make an evaluation at some point next week if we have to do something,” Murray said.
Ottawa has a 5-1-1 record this season, but they are down 1-0 against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday through 40 minutes. Ottawa hasn’t been shutout this season.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)