Jan 26, 2013, 8:33 PM EST
Max Pacioretty was off to a nice start this season, but now he’ll be out three-to-four weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy in Montreal on Saturday.
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t provide any other details about the surgery beyond that window for a return.
The 24-year-old forward had four assists and 10 shots on goal in his first three games of the 2013 campaign. He also rebounded from that infamous Zdeno Chara hit from the 2010-11 last season, scoring 33 goals and 65 points en route to a hefty six-year contract.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)