Jan 26, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty was off to a nice start this season, but now he’ll be out three-to-four weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy in Montreal on Saturday.
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t provide any other details about the surgery beyond that window for a return.
The 24-year-old forward had four assists and 10 shots on goal in his first three games of the 2013 campaign. He also rebounded from that infamous Zdeno Chara hit from the 2010-11 last season, scoring 33 goals and 65 points en route to a hefty six-year contract.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5