Jan 26, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty was off to a nice start this season, but now he’ll be out three-to-four weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy in Montreal on Saturday.
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t provide any other details about the surgery beyond that window for a return.
The 24-year-old forward had four assists and 10 shots on goal in his first three games of the 2013 campaign. He also rebounded from that infamous Zdeno Chara hit from the 2010-11 last season, scoring 33 goals and 65 points en route to a hefty six-year contract.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 20
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 10
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1