Jan 26, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty was off to a nice start this season, but now he’ll be out three-to-four weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy in Montreal on Saturday.
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t provide any other details about the surgery beyond that window for a return.
The 24-year-old forward had four assists and 10 shots on goal in his first three games of the 2013 campaign. He also rebounded from that infamous Zdeno Chara hit from the 2010-11 last season, scoring 33 goals and 65 points en route to a hefty six-year contract.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 5
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12