Aug 13, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
Just a year after people wondered if he’d ever play again, Max Pacioretty signed a massive contract extension with the Montreal Canadiens.
TSN reports that it’s a six year, $27 million deal.
Pacioretty bounced back from that frightening collision with Zdeno Chara in 2010-11 to set career highs with 33 goals and 65 points in 79 games last season.
He still has a year remaining on his previous deal, which carries a $1.625 million cap hit for 2012-13.
The Habs have covered a lot of their bases this summer, with Pacioretty’s extension allowing them to sign the rising power forward before a new CBA potentially complicates matters.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9