Dec 4, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Here’s part of the official NHLPA statement regarding the group of players selected to meet with owners on Tuesday at 2PM ET at the Westin New York at Times Square:
This afternoon, the players will meet a group of owners.
The 18 players present in New York today are:
Craig Adams, David Backes, Michael Cammalleri, Sidney Crosby, B.J. Crombeen, Mathieu Darche, Shane Doan, Ron Hainsey, Shawn Horcoff, Jamal Mayers, Manny Malhotra, Andy McDonald, Ryan Miller, George Parros, Brad Richards, Martin St. Louis, Jonathan Toews and Kevin Westgarth.
The 18 players will meet with six owners — Boston’s Jeremy Jacobs, Calgary’s Murray Edwards, Tampa Bay’s Jeff Vinik, Toronto’s Larry Tanenbaum, Pittsburgh’s Ron Burkle and Winnipeg’s Mark Chipman.
Some quick facts on the group:
— Darche is the lone unrestricted free agent.
— Teams represented: Pittsburgh (x2), Chicago (x2), St. Louis (x2), Tampa Bay (x2), Calgary, Phoenix, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, Buffalo, Florida, Los Angeles, New York Rangers.
— Teams not represented: New Jersey, Nashville, Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, San Jose, Washington, Ottawa, Montreal, Dallas, Colorado, Carolina, Minnesota, Anaheim, Toronto, New York Islanders, Columbus.
— There are no European players among the 18.
— The highest-salaried player, under contract, is Brad Richards (owed $12 million this year.) The lowest is Kevin Westgarth ($700,000).
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)