Dec 4, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Here’s part of the official NHLPA statement regarding the group of players selected to meet with owners on Tuesday at 2PM ET at the Westin New York at Times Square:
This afternoon, the players will meet a group of owners.
The 18 players present in New York today are:
Craig Adams, David Backes, Michael Cammalleri, Sidney Crosby, B.J. Crombeen, Mathieu Darche, Shane Doan, Ron Hainsey, Shawn Horcoff, Jamal Mayers, Manny Malhotra, Andy McDonald, Ryan Miller, George Parros, Brad Richards, Martin St. Louis, Jonathan Toews and Kevin Westgarth.
The 18 players will meet with six owners — Boston’s Jeremy Jacobs, Calgary’s Murray Edwards, Tampa Bay’s Jeff Vinik, Toronto’s Larry Tanenbaum, Pittsburgh’s Ron Burkle and Winnipeg’s Mark Chipman.
Some quick facts on the group:
– Darche is the lone unrestricted free agent.
– Teams represented: Pittsburgh (x2), Chicago (x2), St. Louis (x2), Tampa Bay (x2), Calgary, Phoenix, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, Buffalo, Florida, Los Angeles, New York Rangers.
– Teams not represented: New Jersey, Nashville, Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, San Jose, Washington, Ottawa, Montreal, Dallas, Colorado, Carolina, Minnesota, Anaheim, Toronto, New York Islanders, Columbus.
– There are no European players among the 18.
– The highest-salaried player, under contract, is Brad Richards (owed $12 million this year.) The lowest is Kevin Westgarth ($700,000).
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21