Dec 4, 2012, 12:58 AM EST
The hockey world was abuzz Monday when WBZ’s Steve Burton reported that the NHL could announce a CBA agreement as soon as Tuesday or Wednesday, but Bill Daly stomped the rumor out to Sports Illustrated’s Sarah Kwak.
Daly told Kwak that “not a single morsel” of the scuttlebutt was true and expanded upon that thought with TVA’s Patrick Caisse.
“I’m aware of the reports making the rounds,” Daly said. “Unfortunately, there is no truth to them.”
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty also covered the rumor, catching up with a source who said it was the first they heard of “anything remotely close to that” and called the rumor “interesting, but not true.”
For many on Twitter in particular, it was a brief jolt of optimism. Unless Daly’s playing coy, early reactions indicate that the positivity will be short-lived.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11