Dec 3, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
He’s threatened to stay in the KHL once the lockout is over, but Alex Ovechkin admitted recently that his “soul” is with the Washington Capitals in the NHL, where he hopes one day to win the Stanley Cup.
The Capitals captain also expressed disappointment with the lack of interest in hockey in Moscow, noting that a recent basketball game between CSKA and Zalgiris was attended by 10,000 fans while a game between CSKA and his Dynamo Moscow side drew 3,000 fewer spectators.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22