Dec 3, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
He’s threatened to stay in the KHL once the lockout is over, but Alex Ovechkin admitted recently that his “soul” is with the Washington Capitals in the NHL, where he hopes one day to win the Stanley Cup.
The Capitals captain also expressed disappointment with the lack of interest in hockey in Moscow, noting that a recent basketball game between CSKA and Zalgiris was attended by 10,000 fans while a game between CSKA and his Dynamo Moscow side drew 3,000 fewer spectators.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21