Dec 3, 2012, 10:53 AM EST
He’s threatened to stay in the KHL once the lockout is over, but Alex Ovechkin admitted recently that his “soul” is with the Washington Capitals in the NHL, where he hopes one day to win the Stanley Cup.
The Capitals captain also expressed disappointment with the lack of interest in hockey in Moscow, noting that a recent basketball game between CSKA and Zalgiris was attended by 10,000 fans while a game between CSKA and his Dynamo Moscow side drew 3,000 fewer spectators.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 2
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 4
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16