Dec 3, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
He’s threatened to stay in the KHL once the lockout is over, but Alex Ovechkin admitted recently that his “soul” is with the Washington Capitals in the NHL, where he hopes one day to win the Stanley Cup.
The Capitals captain also expressed disappointment with the lack of interest in hockey in Moscow, noting that a recent basketball game between CSKA and Zalgiris was attended by 10,000 fans while a game between CSKA and his Dynamo Moscow side drew 3,000 fewer spectators.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 2
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 95
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 47
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63