Nov 8, 2012, 4:59 PM EST
Nail Yakupov wishes the KHL experience was more like the NHL experience.
Specifically, the first overall pick in the 2012 NHL draft has been disappointed with the atmosphere at Russian rinks when he’s suited up for HC Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.
“I dream that in Nizhnekamsk they’d give out blue and white rally towels to the fans at the entrance, and that when we score a goal or create a dangerous chance, they’d all hold them up and start twirling them, like in the NHL,” Yakupov tells R-Sport.
“We don’t have that, and they don’t know, they haven’t seen how it is.
“And I’d like different music for a goal, and for the lights to go out. Well, so everything isn’t bland.”
And then he started singing that Zombie Nation song.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)