Nov 8, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT
Nail Yakupov wishes the KHL experience was more like the NHL experience.
Specifically, the first overall pick in the 2012 NHL draft has been disappointed with the atmosphere at Russian rinks when he’s suited up for HC Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.
“I dream that in Nizhnekamsk they’d give out blue and white rally towels to the fans at the entrance, and that when we score a goal or create a dangerous chance, they’d all hold them up and start twirling them, like in the NHL,” Yakupov tells R-Sport.
“We don’t have that, and they don’t know, they haven’t seen how it is.
“And I’d like different music for a goal, and for the lights to go out. Well, so everything isn’t bland.”
And then he started singing that Zombie Nation song.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7