Nov 23, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
For the second time this week, a veteran NHLer has inked a deal in the American League.
Rod Pelley — who split last season between Anaheim and New Jersey — has signed a professional tryout contract with the Norfolk Admirals, Anaheim’s new AHL affiliate.
Norfolk had previously played under the Tampa Bay Lightning’s organizational umbrella, but began a new affiliation with the Ducks for 2012-13.
Pelley, 28, was traded from New Jersey to Anaheim in mid-December last season. He went on to appear in 45 games for the Ducks, registering 2G-1A-3PTS while averaging eight minutes a game.
A native of British Columbia, Pelley has been skating with various members of the Vancouver Canucks during the lockout and also participated in Bieksa’s Buddies, an exhibition game at the University of British Columbia that raised $200,000 for local charity.
As mentioned above, Pelley — who’s played over 250 NHl games — wasn’t the only veteran NHLer to sign an AHL PTO this week. Defenseman Mike Commodore agreed to terms on Thursday with the Hamilton Bulldogs, an affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)