Nov 19, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
It appears another Buffalo Sabre has been hurt while playing overseas.
This time, it’s Joel Armia — taken 16th overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft — who reportedly suffered a concussion while playing in Finland’s SM-liiga for Porin Assat.
Armia, 19, was off to a solid start with Assat this season, scoring 9G-4A-13PTS in his first 22 games.
This past summer, he was part of the Sabres prospect camp along with 2012 first round picks Mikhail Grigorenko and Zemgus Girgensons — the trio actually skated together on a line that had Buffalo fans excited for the future.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5