Nov 19, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
It appears another Buffalo Sabre has been hurt while playing overseas.
This time, it’s Joel Armia — taken 16th overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft — who reportedly suffered a concussion while playing in Finland’s SM-liiga for Porin Assat.
Armia, 19, was off to a solid start with Assat this season, scoring 9G-4A-13PTS in his first 22 games.
This past summer, he was part of the Sabres prospect camp along with 2012 first round picks Mikhail Grigorenko and Zemgus Girgensons — the trio actually skated together on a line that had Buffalo fans excited for the future.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 0
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 24
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 39
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 30
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41