Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Nobody’s saying what ailment forced Sabres forward Tyler Ennis miss seven games for his Swiss league team, SCL Tigers.
But according to Buffalo GM Darcy Regier, it’s all good now.
“He’s healthy and he’s playing,” Regier told the Buffalo News on Wednesday. “That’s the main thing.”
Ennis missed time with an undisclosed injury — speculation suggested upper-body — but returned to the Tigers lineup on Tuesday, recording an assist in a 5-1 win over Rapperswil.
The initial injury report threw a scare into the Sabres organization. Ennis was penciled in to compete for one of Buffalo’s top-two center positions, especially after Derek Roy was shipped to Dallas in the summer.
Regier said having one of his players injured overseas — and not knowing the severity — was less than ideal, but noted that he and his staff are doing what they can to keep tabs on Ennis and the six other Sabres playing in Europe.
“We are keeping track from a distance,” Regier said. “The biggest focus is making sure that we stay in touch, at least in the stats, who’s playing, how they’re playing, how they’re doing and maybe even more importantly are they staying healthy?”
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)