Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Nobody’s saying what ailment forced Sabres forward Tyler Ennis miss seven games for his Swiss league team, SCL Tigers.
But according to Buffalo GM Darcy Regier, it’s all good now.
“He’s healthy and he’s playing,” Regier told the Buffalo News on Wednesday. “That’s the main thing.”
Ennis missed time with an undisclosed injury — speculation suggested upper-body — but returned to the Tigers lineup on Tuesday, recording an assist in a 5-1 win over Rapperswil.
The initial injury report threw a scare into the Sabres organization. Ennis was penciled in to compete for one of Buffalo’s top-two center positions, especially after Derek Roy was shipped to Dallas in the summer.
Regier said having one of his players injured overseas — and not knowing the severity — was less than ideal, but noted that he and his staff are doing what they can to keep tabs on Ennis and the six other Sabres playing in Europe.
“We are keeping track from a distance,” Regier said. “The biggest focus is making sure that we stay in touch, at least in the stats, who’s playing, how they’re playing, how they’re doing and maybe even more importantly are they staying healthy?”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)