Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 PM EST
Nobody’s saying what ailment forced Sabres forward Tyler Ennis miss seven games for his Swiss league team, SCL Tigers.
But according to Buffalo GM Darcy Regier, it’s all good now.
“He’s healthy and he’s playing,” Regier told the Buffalo News on Wednesday. “That’s the main thing.”
Ennis missed time with an undisclosed injury — speculation suggested upper-body — but returned to the Tigers lineup on Tuesday, recording an assist in a 5-1 win over Rapperswil.
The initial injury report threw a scare into the Sabres organization. Ennis was penciled in to compete for one of Buffalo’s top-two center positions, especially after Derek Roy was shipped to Dallas in the summer.
Regier said having one of his players injured overseas — and not knowing the severity — was less than ideal, but noted that he and his staff are doing what they can to keep tabs on Ennis and the six other Sabres playing in Europe.
“We are keeping track from a distance,” Regier said. “The biggest focus is making sure that we stay in touch, at least in the stats, who’s playing, how they’re playing, how they’re doing and maybe even more importantly are they staying healthy?”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)