Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 PM EST
Nobody’s saying what ailment forced Sabres forward Tyler Ennis miss seven games for his Swiss league team, SCL Tigers.
But according to Buffalo GM Darcy Regier, it’s all good now.
“He’s healthy and he’s playing,” Regier told the Buffalo News on Wednesday. “That’s the main thing.”
Ennis missed time with an undisclosed injury — speculation suggested upper-body — but returned to the Tigers lineup on Tuesday, recording an assist in a 5-1 win over Rapperswil.
The initial injury report threw a scare into the Sabres organization. Ennis was penciled in to compete for one of Buffalo’s top-two center positions, especially after Derek Roy was shipped to Dallas in the summer.
Regier said having one of his players injured overseas — and not knowing the severity — was less than ideal, but noted that he and his staff are doing what they can to keep tabs on Ennis and the six other Sabres playing in Europe.
“We are keeping track from a distance,” Regier said. “The biggest focus is making sure that we stay in touch, at least in the stats, who’s playing, how they’re playing, how they’re doing and maybe even more importantly are they staying healthy?”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)