Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Nobody’s saying what ailment forced Sabres forward Tyler Ennis miss seven games for his Swiss league team, SCL Tigers.
But according to Buffalo GM Darcy Regier, it’s all good now.
“He’s healthy and he’s playing,” Regier told the Buffalo News on Wednesday. “That’s the main thing.”
Ennis missed time with an undisclosed injury — speculation suggested upper-body — but returned to the Tigers lineup on Tuesday, recording an assist in a 5-1 win over Rapperswil.
The initial injury report threw a scare into the Sabres organization. Ennis was penciled in to compete for one of Buffalo’s top-two center positions, especially after Derek Roy was shipped to Dallas in the summer.
Regier said having one of his players injured overseas — and not knowing the severity — was less than ideal, but noted that he and his staff are doing what they can to keep tabs on Ennis and the six other Sabres playing in Europe.
“We are keeping track from a distance,” Regier said. “The biggest focus is making sure that we stay in touch, at least in the stats, who’s playing, how they’re playing, how they’re doing and maybe even more importantly are they staying healthy?”
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10