Oct 13, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
John Davidson has gotten a lot of credit for the Blues revival in recent years and the Columbus Blue Jackets could certain use his expertise now. To that end, he’s come to Columbus to meet the team’s ownership over the weekend.
The Blue Jackets seem serious about getting Davidson and are willing to throw money his way and give him complete autonomy over their hockey operations department, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
If he decides to join them, the Blue Jackets are likely to give him the title of president of hockey operations, which is a position that currently doesn’t exist within their organization. The Dispatch speculates that Blue Jackets president Mike Priest would then focus more on the business side of the organization while Davidson would fit between the ownership and GM Scott Howson.
Getting Davidson would be a big gain for Columbus and in a weird way, the lockout might work to his advantage. It would give him a chance to get a good feel for his new organization while the NHL is frozen rather than being forced to get his bearings on the fly.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)