Oct 13, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
John Davidson has gotten a lot of credit for the Blues revival in recent years and the Columbus Blue Jackets could certain use his expertise now. To that end, he’s come to Columbus to meet the team’s ownership over the weekend.
The Blue Jackets seem serious about getting Davidson and are willing to throw money his way and give him complete autonomy over their hockey operations department, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
If he decides to join them, the Blue Jackets are likely to give him the title of president of hockey operations, which is a position that currently doesn’t exist within their organization. The Dispatch speculates that Blue Jackets president Mike Priest would then focus more on the business side of the organization while Davidson would fit between the ownership and GM Scott Howson.
Getting Davidson would be a big gain for Columbus and in a weird way, the lockout might work to his advantage. It would give him a chance to get a good feel for his new organization while the NHL is frozen rather than being forced to get his bearings on the fly.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 4
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 13
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 33
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 78
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (78)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control