Oct 13, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
John Davidson has gotten a lot of credit for the Blues revival in recent years and the Columbus Blue Jackets could certain use his expertise now. To that end, he’s come to Columbus to meet the team’s ownership over the weekend.
The Blue Jackets seem serious about getting Davidson and are willing to throw money his way and give him complete autonomy over their hockey operations department, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
If he decides to join them, the Blue Jackets are likely to give him the title of president of hockey operations, which is a position that currently doesn’t exist within their organization. The Dispatch speculates that Blue Jackets president Mike Priest would then focus more on the business side of the organization while Davidson would fit between the ownership and GM Scott Howson.
Getting Davidson would be a big gain for Columbus and in a weird way, the lockout might work to his advantage. It would give him a chance to get a good feel for his new organization while the NHL is frozen rather than being forced to get his bearings on the fly.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (71)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)