Oct 6, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Blues president John Davidson is finally free to look for other work but it sounds like he’s got a crush on Columbus.
“If (my next stop) is Columbus,” Davidson said, “I can tell you this: That hockey club is better than the one we took over in St. Louis. That club was way, way down the ladder. But this Blue Jackets team is not that far off. There are some pieces there to work with, absolutely. They’ve got some real players there.”
Apparently no one told J.D. they traded Rick Nash to the Rangers.
In all seriousness, there’s hope for the future in Columbus with youngsters Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner (who’s tearing up junior hockey so far) on the way and hope to see Sergei Bobrovsky seize the starting job in goal while Ryan Johansen, Derick Brassard, R.J. Umberger, and Brandon Dubinsky take charge up front.
Saying the Jackets are better off now than where the Blues were though… Them’s potentially fighting words for a division rival.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)