Oct 6, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Blues president John Davidson is finally free to look for other work but it sounds like he’s got a crush on Columbus.
“If (my next stop) is Columbus,” Davidson said, “I can tell you this: That hockey club is better than the one we took over in St. Louis. That club was way, way down the ladder. But this Blue Jackets team is not that far off. There are some pieces there to work with, absolutely. They’ve got some real players there.”
Apparently no one told J.D. they traded Rick Nash to the Rangers.
In all seriousness, there’s hope for the future in Columbus with youngsters Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner (who’s tearing up junior hockey so far) on the way and hope to see Sergei Bobrovsky seize the starting job in goal while Ryan Johansen, Derick Brassard, R.J. Umberger, and Brandon Dubinsky take charge up front.
Saying the Jackets are better off now than where the Blues were though… Them’s potentially fighting words for a division rival.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)