Oct 6, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Blues president John Davidson is finally free to look for other work but it sounds like he’s got a crush on Columbus.
“If (my next stop) is Columbus,” Davidson said, “I can tell you this: That hockey club is better than the one we took over in St. Louis. That club was way, way down the ladder. But this Blue Jackets team is not that far off. There are some pieces there to work with, absolutely. They’ve got some real players there.”
Apparently no one told J.D. they traded Rick Nash to the Rangers.
In all seriousness, there’s hope for the future in Columbus with youngsters Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner (who’s tearing up junior hockey so far) on the way and hope to see Sergei Bobrovsky seize the starting job in goal while Ryan Johansen, Derick Brassard, R.J. Umberger, and Brandon Dubinsky take charge up front.
Saying the Jackets are better off now than where the Blues were though… Them’s potentially fighting words for a division rival.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54