Oct 6, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Blues president John Davidson is finally free to look for other work but it sounds like he’s got a crush on Columbus.
“If (my next stop) is Columbus,” Davidson said, “I can tell you this: That hockey club is better than the one we took over in St. Louis. That club was way, way down the ladder. But this Blue Jackets team is not that far off. There are some pieces there to work with, absolutely. They’ve got some real players there.”
Apparently no one told J.D. they traded Rick Nash to the Rangers.
In all seriousness, there’s hope for the future in Columbus with youngsters Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner (who’s tearing up junior hockey so far) on the way and hope to see Sergei Bobrovsky seize the starting job in goal while Ryan Johansen, Derick Brassard, R.J. Umberger, and Brandon Dubinsky take charge up front.
Saying the Jackets are better off now than where the Blues were though… Them’s potentially fighting words for a division rival.
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 22
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)