Sep 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
In an interview with Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register, Ryan fesses up that he may not have been in the clearest of minds when he was interviewed.
“But about 10 minutes after the interview, I was like, ‘Gosh, I shouldn’t have done that, seeing that I’m teeing off on the 37th hole of the day after 11 o’clock.’ It was kind of stupid.
“At that point, you can’t kick yourself for too long. I knew that if (Ducks general manager Bob Murray) really had a problem with it, he would reach out to me. That never happened.”
All right, who amongst us haven’t said something we shouldn’t have when we had a few too many? It’s been clear from the get-go that the Ducks didn’t really take Ryan’s trade request seriously saying only he was “disappointed” in what Ryan said.
As for Ryan, he tells Stephens he’s eager to get things going in Anaheim this season and feels good about working with coach Bruce Boudreau. Now the Ducks just have to make sure to keep Ryan away from the reporters when he’s on (or slightly off) the golf course.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)