Sep 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
In an interview with Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register, Ryan fesses up that he may not have been in the clearest of minds when he was interviewed.
“But about 10 minutes after the interview, I was like, ‘Gosh, I shouldn’t have done that, seeing that I’m teeing off on the 37th hole of the day after 11 o’clock.’ It was kind of stupid.
“At that point, you can’t kick yourself for too long. I knew that if (Ducks general manager Bob Murray) really had a problem with it, he would reach out to me. That never happened.”
All right, who amongst us haven’t said something we shouldn’t have when we had a few too many? It’s been clear from the get-go that the Ducks didn’t really take Ryan’s trade request seriously saying only he was “disappointed” in what Ryan said.
As for Ryan, he tells Stephens he’s eager to get things going in Anaheim this season and feels good about working with coach Bruce Boudreau. Now the Ducks just have to make sure to keep Ryan away from the reporters when he’s on (or slightly off) the golf course.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)