Sep 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
In an interview with Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register, Ryan fesses up that he may not have been in the clearest of minds when he was interviewed.
“But about 10 minutes after the interview, I was like, ‘Gosh, I shouldn’t have done that, seeing that I’m teeing off on the 37th hole of the day after 11 o’clock.’ It was kind of stupid.
“At that point, you can’t kick yourself for too long. I knew that if (Ducks general manager Bob Murray) really had a problem with it, he would reach out to me. That never happened.”
All right, who amongst us haven’t said something we shouldn’t have when we had a few too many? It’s been clear from the get-go that the Ducks didn’t really take Ryan’s trade request seriously saying only he was “disappointed” in what Ryan said.
As for Ryan, he tells Stephens he’s eager to get things going in Anaheim this season and feels good about working with coach Bruce Boudreau. Now the Ducks just have to make sure to keep Ryan away from the reporters when he’s on (or slightly off) the golf course.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)