Sep 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
In an interview with Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register, Ryan fesses up that he may not have been in the clearest of minds when he was interviewed.
“But about 10 minutes after the interview, I was like, ‘Gosh, I shouldn’t have done that, seeing that I’m teeing off on the 37th hole of the day after 11 o’clock.’ It was kind of stupid.
“At that point, you can’t kick yourself for too long. I knew that if (Ducks general manager Bob Murray) really had a problem with it, he would reach out to me. That never happened.”
All right, who amongst us haven’t said something we shouldn’t have when we had a few too many? It’s been clear from the get-go that the Ducks didn’t really take Ryan’s trade request seriously saying only he was “disappointed” in what Ryan said.
As for Ryan, he tells Stephens he’s eager to get things going in Anaheim this season and feels good about working with coach Bruce Boudreau. Now the Ducks just have to make sure to keep Ryan away from the reporters when he’s on (or slightly off) the golf course.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)