Sep 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
In an interview with Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register, Ryan fesses up that he may not have been in the clearest of minds when he was interviewed.
“But about 10 minutes after the interview, I was like, ‘Gosh, I shouldn’t have done that, seeing that I’m teeing off on the 37th hole of the day after 11 o’clock.’ It was kind of stupid.
“At that point, you can’t kick yourself for too long. I knew that if (Ducks general manager Bob Murray) really had a problem with it, he would reach out to me. That never happened.”
All right, who amongst us haven’t said something we shouldn’t have when we had a few too many? It’s been clear from the get-go that the Ducks didn’t really take Ryan’s trade request seriously saying only he was “disappointed” in what Ryan said.
As for Ryan, he tells Stephens he’s eager to get things going in Anaheim this season and feels good about working with coach Bruce Boudreau. Now the Ducks just have to make sure to keep Ryan away from the reporters when he’s on (or slightly off) the golf course.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32