Jun 22, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Bobby Ryan wants to be traded, and he’d love to be traded to Philadelphia.
Tuesday it was reported that the Ducks’ sniper was once again being shopped by the Ducks. Not surprisingly, there’s been a fair bit of interest in the 25-year-old Cherry Hill, New Jersey, native that’s coming off his fourth consecutive 30-goal season.
“I heard Anaheim was a little overwhelmed with offers and they only took four seriously, but none of the teams were mentioned to me other than Philly,” Ryan told the Courier-Post Friday in a phone interview. “Everybody wants to play in your hometown, but it would be tough because a lot of expectations come when you’re put into a situation like that. For me, if I’m moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me.”
Ryan also had some harsh words for his current club, a sign his time with the Ducks is quickly running out.
“Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately,” he said. “Obviously, it’s not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I’m the piece going the other way.
“I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don’t care. Move me…because it’s just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you’re going to be the guy moved.”
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)