Jun 22, 2012, 8:44 PM EST
Bobby Ryan wants to be traded, and he’d love to be traded to Philadelphia.
Tuesday it was reported that the Ducks’ sniper was once again being shopped by the Ducks. Not surprisingly, there’s been a fair bit of interest in the 25-year-old Cherry Hill, New Jersey, native that’s coming off his fourth consecutive 30-goal season.
“I heard Anaheim was a little overwhelmed with offers and they only took four seriously, but none of the teams were mentioned to me other than Philly,” Ryan told the Courier-Post Friday in a phone interview. “Everybody wants to play in your hometown, but it would be tough because a lot of expectations come when you’re put into a situation like that. For me, if I’m moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me.”
Ryan also had some harsh words for his current club, a sign his time with the Ducks is quickly running out.
“Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately,” he said. “Obviously, it’s not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I’m the piece going the other way.
“I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don’t care. Move me…because it’s just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you’re going to be the guy moved.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52