Jun 22, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT
Bobby Ryan wants to be traded, and he’d love to be traded to Philadelphia.
Tuesday it was reported that the Ducks’ sniper was once again being shopped by the Ducks. Not surprisingly, there’s been a fair bit of interest in the 25-year-old Cherry Hill, New Jersey, native that’s coming off his fourth consecutive 30-goal season.
“I heard Anaheim was a little overwhelmed with offers and they only took four seriously, but none of the teams were mentioned to me other than Philly,” Ryan told the Courier-Post Friday in a phone interview. “Everybody wants to play in your hometown, but it would be tough because a lot of expectations come when you’re put into a situation like that. For me, if I’m moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me.”
Ryan also had some harsh words for his current club, a sign his time with the Ducks is quickly running out.
“Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately,” he said. “Obviously, it’s not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I’m the piece going the other way.
“I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don’t care. Move me…because it’s just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you’re going to be the guy moved.”
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13