Jun 23, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
Murray tells Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register he’s not exactly pleased with Ryan.
“I’d just like to say I’m disappointed at this time by these comments,” Murray said. “I intend to talk to Bobby personally when we get back from the draft and clear the air a little bit. And that’s all I have to say at this present time.”
Ryan’s name has been in the trade-rumor mill for a while, and that sort of thing can wear on anyone. However, it’s rare to be as publicly blunt about it. All that was missing was Reggie Dunlop telling him to hang up the phone after demanding a trade. Given Ryan’s comments you wonder if Murray can “clear the air” or if this is it for Ryan in Anaheim.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2