Jun 23, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
Murray tells Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register he’s not exactly pleased with Ryan.
“I’d just like to say I’m disappointed at this time by these comments,” Murray said. “I intend to talk to Bobby personally when we get back from the draft and clear the air a little bit. And that’s all I have to say at this present time.”
Ryan’s name has been in the trade-rumor mill for a while, and that sort of thing can wear on anyone. However, it’s rare to be as publicly blunt about it. All that was missing was Reggie Dunlop telling him to hang up the phone after demanding a trade. Given Ryan’s comments you wonder if Murray can “clear the air” or if this is it for Ryan in Anaheim.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 90
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32