Aug 18, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow confirms earlier reports that Lubomir Visnovsky did not suffer significant injuries after crashing his Ferrari during a race in Slovakia today.
“I have spoken directly with Lubomir and am pleased to report that he did not suffer any serious injuries,” Snow said.
They didn’t say that he came away completely unscathed, however.
It’s been a rocky summer between the Islanders and Visnovsky already.
The 36-year-old blueliner filed a grievance to block the trade that sent him to Long Island from Anaheim, although the hearing hasn’t taken place yet.
(In fact, the latest reports indicate a hearing hasn’t even been scheduled.)
However uncertain his near NHL future might be, we at least know he hasn’t suffered major injuries.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31