Aug 18, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow confirms earlier reports that Lubomir Visnovsky did not suffer significant injuries after crashing his Ferrari during a race in Slovakia today.
“I have spoken directly with Lubomir and am pleased to report that he did not suffer any serious injuries,” Snow said.
They didn’t say that he came away completely unscathed, however.
It’s been a rocky summer between the Islanders and Visnovsky already.
The 36-year-old blueliner filed a grievance to block the trade that sent him to Long Island from Anaheim, although the hearing hasn’t taken place yet.
(In fact, the latest reports indicate a hearing hasn’t even been scheduled.)
However uncertain his near NHL future might be, we at least know he hasn’t suffered major injuries.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)