Aug 18, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow confirms earlier reports that Lubomir Visnovsky did not suffer significant injuries after crashing his Ferrari during a race in Slovakia today.
“I have spoken directly with Lubomir and am pleased to report that he did not suffer any serious injuries,” Snow said.
They didn’t say that he came away completely unscathed, however.
It’s been a rocky summer between the Islanders and Visnovsky already.
The 36-year-old blueliner filed a grievance to block the trade that sent him to Long Island from Anaheim, although the hearing hasn’t taken place yet.
(In fact, the latest reports indicate a hearing hasn’t even been scheduled.)
However uncertain his near NHL future might be, we at least know he hasn’t suffered major injuries.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)