Aug 18, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow confirms earlier reports that Lubomir Visnovsky did not suffer significant injuries after crashing his Ferrari during a race in Slovakia today.
“I have spoken directly with Lubomir and am pleased to report that he did not suffer any serious injuries,” Snow said.
They didn’t say that he came away completely unscathed, however.
It’s been a rocky summer between the Islanders and Visnovsky already.
The 36-year-old blueliner filed a grievance to block the trade that sent him to Long Island from Anaheim, although the hearing hasn’t taken place yet.
(In fact, the latest reports indicate a hearing hasn’t even been scheduled.)
However uncertain his near NHL future might be, we at least know he hasn’t suffered major injuries.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)