Aug 18, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
New York Islanders GM Garth Snow confirms earlier reports that Lubomir Visnovsky did not suffer significant injuries after crashing his Ferrari during a race in Slovakia today.
“I have spoken directly with Lubomir and am pleased to report that he did not suffer any serious injuries,” Snow said.
They didn’t say that he came away completely unscathed, however.
It’s been a rocky summer between the Islanders and Visnovsky already.
The 36-year-old blueliner filed a grievance to block the trade that sent him to Long Island from Anaheim, although the hearing hasn’t taken place yet.
(In fact, the latest reports indicate a hearing hasn’t even been scheduled.)
However uncertain his near NHL future might be, we at least know he hasn’t suffered major injuries.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17