Aug 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
We found out about the latter part today when a report out of Slovakia stated the 36 year-old defenseman crashed his Ferrari during a race this afternoon (link in Slovak). Here’s a poorly translated account from the story from SME.sk.
Thankfully it sounds like he’s OK, but we’ll keep you updated on his situation.
Update (2:28 p.m. ET): Some in the comments asked if he had permission to race cars and according to Mathias Strozyk, the Isles did give the OK for Visnovsky to participate.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5