Aug 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
We found out about the latter part today when a report out of Slovakia stated the 36 year-old defenseman crashed his Ferrari during a race this afternoon (link in Slovak). Here’s a poorly translated account from the story from SME.sk.
Thankfully it sounds like he’s OK, but we’ll keep you updated on his situation.
Update (2:28 p.m. ET): Some in the comments asked if he had permission to race cars and according to Mathias Strozyk, the Isles did give the OK for Visnovsky to participate.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)