Aug 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
We found out about the latter part today when a report out of Slovakia stated the 36 year-old defenseman crashed his Ferrari during a race this afternoon (link in Slovak). Here’s a poorly translated account from the story from SME.sk.
Thankfully it sounds like he’s OK, but we’ll keep you updated on his situation.
Update (2:28 p.m. ET): Some in the comments asked if he had permission to race cars and according to Mathias Strozyk, the Isles did give the OK for Visnovsky to participate.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 0
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 44
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 61
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)