Jun 5, 2012, 3:06 PM EST
The most entertaining part of the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs — aside from seeing David Beckham (OMG!) at the Staples Center — has been the manner in which Darryl Sutter’s conducted his media availability sessions.
Today, Sutter was at his PR savviest when discussing how he learned that L.A. GM Dean Lombardi wanted him to coach the Kings.
Q. Where were you when Dean called you about this job? How much had you watched the Kings before that?
COACH SUTTER: I think I was in the barn.
Q. What were you doing in the barn?
COACH SUTTER: I wasn’t shoveling (expletive), I remember that, but I had that day (smiling). Was probably warming up. It was cold.
Q. You were literally in the barn?
COACH SUTTER: Yeah. That’s what I said.
That last question is my favorite. “No, I was figuratively in the barn.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)