Jun 5, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
The most entertaining part of the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs — aside from seeing David Beckham (OMG!) at the Staples Center — has been the manner in which Darryl Sutter’s conducted his media availability sessions.
Today, Sutter was at his PR savviest when discussing how he learned that L.A. GM Dean Lombardi wanted him to coach the Kings.
Q. Where were you when Dean called you about this job? How much had you watched the Kings before that?
COACH SUTTER: I think I was in the barn.
Q. What were you doing in the barn?
COACH SUTTER: I wasn’t shoveling (expletive), I remember that, but I had that day (smiling). Was probably warming up. It was cold.
Q. You were literally in the barn?
COACH SUTTER: Yeah. That’s what I said.
That last question is my favorite. “No, I was figuratively in the barn.”
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)