Jun 5, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
The most entertaining part of the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs — aside from seeing David Beckham (OMG!) at the Staples Center — has been the manner in which Darryl Sutter’s conducted his media availability sessions.
Today, Sutter was at his PR savviest when discussing how he learned that L.A. GM Dean Lombardi wanted him to coach the Kings.
Q. Where were you when Dean called you about this job? How much had you watched the Kings before that?
COACH SUTTER: I think I was in the barn.
Q. What were you doing in the barn?
COACH SUTTER: I wasn’t shoveling (expletive), I remember that, but I had that day (smiling). Was probably warming up. It was cold.
Q. You were literally in the barn?
COACH SUTTER: Yeah. That’s what I said.
That last question is my favorite. “No, I was figuratively in the barn.”
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (92)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)