Jun 3, 2012, 12:22 AM EDT
We had a feeling the transcript of L.A. coach Darryl Sutter’s postgame presser was going to be good when Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted “the informality to Darryl Sutter presser was tremendous.”
Sure enough, it was.
After his Kings defeated the Devils 2-1 in overtime of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, Sutter spent a good chunk of his media availability just shooting the breeze, havin’ a rap sesh…and oh yeah, asking reporters what they thought of the game.
Q. How would you say your team played tonight?
COACH SUTTER: I thought it was a hell of a battle. What did you think? Were you happy with how our team played tonight?
Q. Can you talk a little bit about Jeff Carter, the winning goal.
COACH SUTTER: Good to see him score, right?
Q. Can you talk about Doughty’s goal.
COACH SUTTER: Made a great play. You know what, a 200-foot play, right?
Now that’s how you conduct a press conference without actually saying anything or offering any intel.
Somewhere, John Tortorella is seething about not coming up with the idea first.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 7
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 2
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)