Jun 3, 2012, 12:22 AM EDT
We had a feeling the transcript of L.A. coach Darryl Sutter’s postgame presser was going to be good when Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted “the informality to Darryl Sutter presser was tremendous.”
Sure enough, it was.
After his Kings defeated the Devils 2-1 in overtime of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, Sutter spent a good chunk of his media availability just shooting the breeze, havin’ a rap sesh…and oh yeah, asking reporters what they thought of the game.
Q. How would you say your team played tonight?
COACH SUTTER: I thought it was a hell of a battle. What did you think? Were you happy with how our team played tonight?
Q. Can you talk a little bit about Jeff Carter, the winning goal.
COACH SUTTER: Good to see him score, right?
Q. Can you talk about Doughty’s goal.
COACH SUTTER: Made a great play. You know what, a 200-foot play, right?
Now that’s how you conduct a press conference without actually saying anything or offering any intel.
Somewhere, John Tortorella is seething about not coming up with the idea first.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)