Jun 3, 2012, 12:22 AM EDT
We had a feeling the transcript of L.A. coach Darryl Sutter’s postgame presser was going to be good when Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted “the informality to Darryl Sutter presser was tremendous.”
Sure enough, it was.
After his Kings defeated the Devils 2-1 in overtime of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, Sutter spent a good chunk of his media availability just shooting the breeze, havin’ a rap sesh…and oh yeah, asking reporters what they thought of the game.
Q. How would you say your team played tonight?
COACH SUTTER: I thought it was a hell of a battle. What did you think? Were you happy with how our team played tonight?
Q. Can you talk a little bit about Jeff Carter, the winning goal.
COACH SUTTER: Good to see him score, right?
Q. Can you talk about Doughty’s goal.
COACH SUTTER: Made a great play. You know what, a 200-foot play, right?
Now that’s how you conduct a press conference without actually saying anything or offering any intel.
Somewhere, John Tortorella is seething about not coming up with the idea first.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 7
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 11
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)