Jun 3, 2012, 12:22 AM EDT
We had a feeling the transcript of L.A. coach Darryl Sutter’s postgame presser was going to be good when Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted “the informality to Darryl Sutter presser was tremendous.”
Sure enough, it was.
After his Kings defeated the Devils 2-1 in overtime of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, Sutter spent a good chunk of his media availability just shooting the breeze, havin’ a rap sesh…and oh yeah, asking reporters what they thought of the game.
Q. How would you say your team played tonight?
COACH SUTTER: I thought it was a hell of a battle. What did you think? Were you happy with how our team played tonight?
Q. Can you talk a little bit about Jeff Carter, the winning goal.
COACH SUTTER: Good to see him score, right?
Q. Can you talk about Doughty’s goal.
COACH SUTTER: Made a great play. You know what, a 200-foot play, right?
Now that’s how you conduct a press conference without actually saying anything or offering any intel.
Somewhere, John Tortorella is seething about not coming up with the idea first.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)