Jun 3, 2012, 12:22 AM EST
We had a feeling the transcript of L.A. coach Darryl Sutter’s postgame presser was going to be good when Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted “the informality to Darryl Sutter presser was tremendous.”
Sure enough, it was.
After his Kings defeated the Devils 2-1 in overtime of Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals, Sutter spent a good chunk of his media availability just shooting the breeze, havin’ a rap sesh…and oh yeah, asking reporters what they thought of the game.
Q. How would you say your team played tonight?
COACH SUTTER: I thought it was a hell of a battle. What did you think? Were you happy with how our team played tonight?
Q. Can you talk a little bit about Jeff Carter, the winning goal.
COACH SUTTER: Good to see him score, right?
Q. Can you talk about Doughty’s goal.
COACH SUTTER: Made a great play. You know what, a 200-foot play, right?
Now that’s how you conduct a press conference without actually saying anything or offering any intel.
Somewhere, John Tortorella is seething about not coming up with the idea first.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 63
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 92
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (93)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)