May 29, 2012, 9:43 AM EST
Perhaps the biggest thing the Toronto Maple Leafs have to do this summer is land a goalie. After seeing James Reimer and Jonas Gustavsson struggle last season, goaltending helped keep the Leafs out of the playoffs once again and GM Brian Burke knows it.
While Roberto Luongo is looking for a way out of Vancouver, it would seem logical Burke would be looking for a way to bring him aboard to solve their problems. Burke tells Louis-Andre Lariviere of Sun Media things aren’t as obvious as they’d appear to be.
Burke also addressed talk that the Leafs might be interested in trading for Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo, saying he wanted to calm the speculation.
“There has not been significant discussion (with the Canucks) about that player,” Burke said.
Well not yet at least, right Burkie?
It’s been mentioned before the Leafs are looking to keep Reimer in the fold and still like his game. The Leafs have also been rumored to be interested in Tomas Vokoun. With Luongo being 33-years-old and seeming to struggle under the microscope in Vancouver, bringing him to Toronto seems to be like a really great idea.
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 3
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)