May 28, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Rumors are flying that Bob Hartley is set to become the new head coach of the Montreal Canadiens.
The former NHL bench boss in Colorado and Atlanta is currently the head coach of the ZSC Lions in Switzerland. The past few days he’s been a special assistant for the QMJHL Shawinigan Cataractes, who won the Memorial Cup Sunday as tournament hosts.
Hartley supposedly has a year left on his contract in Switzerland, and it’s unclear if that will be a major obstacle should he wish to return to the NHL this season.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 10
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 23
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 12
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 55
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39