May 28, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Rumors are flying that Bob Hartley is set to become the new head coach of the Montreal Canadiens.
The former NHL bench boss in Colorado and Atlanta is currently the head coach of the ZSC Lions in Switzerland. The past few days he’s been a special assistant for the QMJHL Shawinigan Cataractes, who won the Memorial Cup Sunday as tournament hosts.
Hartley supposedly has a year left on his contract in Switzerland, and it’s unclear if that will be a major obstacle should he wish to return to the NHL this season.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)