May 28, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Rumors are flying that Bob Hartley is set to become the new head coach of the Montreal Canadiens.
The former NHL bench boss in Colorado and Atlanta is currently the head coach of the ZSC Lions in Switzerland. The past few days he’s been a special assistant for the QMJHL Shawinigan Cataractes, who won the Memorial Cup Sunday as tournament hosts.
Hartley supposedly has a year left on his contract in Switzerland, and it’s unclear if that will be a major obstacle should he wish to return to the NHL this season.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)