May 28, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Rumors are flying that Bob Hartley is set to become the new head coach of the Montreal Canadiens.
The former NHL bench boss in Colorado and Atlanta is currently the head coach of the ZSC Lions in Switzerland. The past few days he’s been a special assistant for the QMJHL Shawinigan Cataractes, who won the Memorial Cup Sunday as tournament hosts.
Hartley supposedly has a year left on his contract in Switzerland, and it’s unclear if that will be a major obstacle should he wish to return to the NHL this season.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)