Dec 20, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Online bookmaker Bovada (formerly Bodog) has released odds on who will become the next coach of the Montreal Canadiens.
Place your bets:
Patrick Roy 2/1
Clément Jodoin 5/2
Bob Hartley 5/1
Paul Maurice 9/1
Randy Cunneyworth 15/1
Marc Crawford 15/1
Guy Boucher 20/1
Michel Therrien 40/1
Pascal Vincent 45/1
Randy Carlyle 45/1
Not surprisingly, the top three favorites come complete with French accents.
You all know who Patrick Roy is.
For those who’ve never heard of Clément Jodoin, he’s currently the coach of the Habs’ AHL affiliate in Hamilton. Previous to that, he was a highly decorated coach in the Quebec junior league.
Hartley, of course, coached the Colorado Avalanche to a Stanley Cup in 2001. At the moment he’s behind the bench of Zürcher Schlittschuh Clu (don’t try to pronounce it, you might swallow your tongue) in Switzerland.
Meanwhile, Cunneyworth is furiously rushing through his Rosetta Stone lessons.
Cat. Le chat.
Dog. Le chien.
We can’t seem to get a break out there. Nous ne semblons pas d’obtenir une pause là.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)