May 28, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Last week it was Rick Dudley. Today it’s Scott Mellanby officially joining the revamped Montreal front office.
Mellanby becomes the new director of player personnel for the Canadiens after leaving his gig as an assistant coach in St. Louis.
“We are extremely happy to have Scott Mellanby joining the Canadiens organization,” said Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin in a release. “Scott has an impressive background and a commanding knowledge of the league, having played for 21 seasons in the NHL before holding various management positions over the last four years. Scott is known for his character and his leadership, which made him a great team captain during six seasons with the Florida Panthers and the Atlanta Thrashers. He has extensive knowledge of the game, is well respected in the hockey circles and will become an important asset for our organization.”
There’s still no word when a new head coach will be hired. The Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs tweets that no announcement is imminent, as Bergevin is in Toronto Tuesday for the combine, New York Wednesday for GM meetings, then back to the combine Thursday.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 24
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)