May 20, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Today could wind up being a tough day for the Phoenix Coyotes. They’re down 3-0 to the Los Angeles Kings and could be swept out of the playoffs. The more morbid side of things says this could be the final game in Phoenix Coyotes history as the team is still without an owner. While Greg Jamison is looking to get a deal done to buy the team, nothing is close to being finished.
One guy who doesn’t want to see the Coyotes move out of Glendale is Kings coach Darryl Sutter. Sutter spoke with the media yesterday and the Toronto Sun’s Chris Stevenson hears from Sutter that he knows what it’s like to struggle and besides, Arizona is a highlight road trip in the league.
“Heck, I went to San Jose when they were a 60-some-point team. I went to Calgary when there were 8,000 or 9,000 people watching games. If you get a good team, generally you get a chance for people to watch. It would be nice to keep that team in the league. That’s the way everybody looks at it. You guys, too. You want to go to Phoenix. We all do.”
We already know a couple of Nashville Predators who thought Arizona was great and, besides, who doesn’t like having a warm weather oasis to get away to during the season? Picture going from Edmonton to Glendale during January or February. Sweet, sweet relief.
All that said, the possibility of relocation is the last thing on Phoenix’s mind heading into Game 4.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)