May 20, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Today could wind up being a tough day for the Phoenix Coyotes. They’re down 3-0 to the Los Angeles Kings and could be swept out of the playoffs. The more morbid side of things says this could be the final game in Phoenix Coyotes history as the team is still without an owner. While Greg Jamison is looking to get a deal done to buy the team, nothing is close to being finished.
One guy who doesn’t want to see the Coyotes move out of Glendale is Kings coach Darryl Sutter. Sutter spoke with the media yesterday and the Toronto Sun’s Chris Stevenson hears from Sutter that he knows what it’s like to struggle and besides, Arizona is a highlight road trip in the league.
“Heck, I went to San Jose when they were a 60-some-point team. I went to Calgary when there were 8,000 or 9,000 people watching games. If you get a good team, generally you get a chance for people to watch. It would be nice to keep that team in the league. That’s the way everybody looks at it. You guys, too. You want to go to Phoenix. We all do.”
We already know a couple of Nashville Predators who thought Arizona was great and, besides, who doesn’t like having a warm weather oasis to get away to during the season? Picture going from Edmonton to Glendale during January or February. Sweet, sweet relief.
All that said, the possibility of relocation is the last thing on Phoenix’s mind heading into Game 4.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)