May 20, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Today could wind up being a tough day for the Phoenix Coyotes. They’re down 3-0 to the Los Angeles Kings and could be swept out of the playoffs. The more morbid side of things says this could be the final game in Phoenix Coyotes history as the team is still without an owner. While Greg Jamison is looking to get a deal done to buy the team, nothing is close to being finished.
One guy who doesn’t want to see the Coyotes move out of Glendale is Kings coach Darryl Sutter. Sutter spoke with the media yesterday and the Toronto Sun’s Chris Stevenson hears from Sutter that he knows what it’s like to struggle and besides, Arizona is a highlight road trip in the league.
“Heck, I went to San Jose when they were a 60-some-point team. I went to Calgary when there were 8,000 or 9,000 people watching games. If you get a good team, generally you get a chance for people to watch. It would be nice to keep that team in the league. That’s the way everybody looks at it. You guys, too. You want to go to Phoenix. We all do.”
We already know a couple of Nashville Predators who thought Arizona was great and, besides, who doesn’t like having a warm weather oasis to get away to during the season? Picture going from Edmonton to Glendale during January or February. Sweet, sweet relief.
All that said, the possibility of relocation is the last thing on Phoenix’s mind heading into Game 4.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)