May 20, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Today could wind up being a tough day for the Phoenix Coyotes. They’re down 3-0 to the Los Angeles Kings and could be swept out of the playoffs. The more morbid side of things says this could be the final game in Phoenix Coyotes history as the team is still without an owner. While Greg Jamison is looking to get a deal done to buy the team, nothing is close to being finished.
One guy who doesn’t want to see the Coyotes move out of Glendale is Kings coach Darryl Sutter. Sutter spoke with the media yesterday and the Toronto Sun’s Chris Stevenson hears from Sutter that he knows what it’s like to struggle and besides, Arizona is a highlight road trip in the league.
“Heck, I went to San Jose when they were a 60-some-point team. I went to Calgary when there were 8,000 or 9,000 people watching games. If you get a good team, generally you get a chance for people to watch. It would be nice to keep that team in the league. That’s the way everybody looks at it. You guys, too. You want to go to Phoenix. We all do.”
We already know a couple of Nashville Predators who thought Arizona was great and, besides, who doesn’t like having a warm weather oasis to get away to during the season? Picture going from Edmonton to Glendale during January or February. Sweet, sweet relief.
All that said, the possibility of relocation is the last thing on Phoenix’s mind heading into Game 4.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)