May 20, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Today could wind up being a tough day for the Phoenix Coyotes. They’re down 3-0 to the Los Angeles Kings and could be swept out of the playoffs. The more morbid side of things says this could be the final game in Phoenix Coyotes history as the team is still without an owner. While Greg Jamison is looking to get a deal done to buy the team, nothing is close to being finished.
One guy who doesn’t want to see the Coyotes move out of Glendale is Kings coach Darryl Sutter. Sutter spoke with the media yesterday and the Toronto Sun’s Chris Stevenson hears from Sutter that he knows what it’s like to struggle and besides, Arizona is a highlight road trip in the league.
“Heck, I went to San Jose when they were a 60-some-point team. I went to Calgary when there were 8,000 or 9,000 people watching games. If you get a good team, generally you get a chance for people to watch. It would be nice to keep that team in the league. That’s the way everybody looks at it. You guys, too. You want to go to Phoenix. We all do.”
We already know a couple of Nashville Predators who thought Arizona was great and, besides, who doesn’t like having a warm weather oasis to get away to during the season? Picture going from Edmonton to Glendale during January or February. Sweet, sweet relief.
All that said, the possibility of relocation is the last thing on Phoenix’s mind heading into Game 4.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)