May 15, 2012, 9:17 AM EDT
If you’re a Canadiens fan and hoping to see former Habs defenseman and current Devils assistant coach Larry Robinson behind the bench next season, you might want be really disappointed.
According to the New York Post, Robinson was asked about an earlier report from an agent representing him saying he’d be interested in the Montreal job. Turns out sometimes an agent may not be a great source of information.
Devils assistant coach and 2000 Cup-winning head coach Larry Robinson vehemently ripped a report suggesting he is interested in joining the new Montreal regime, saying that comments attributed to an agent, whom he called a friend, were five years old and that there has been no such contact or interest.
Robinson won seven Stanley Cups as a player with the Canadiens and bringing him back as a coach would seem like a nostalgic piece of fun, but if Robinson doesn’t want in on the job you can’t really blame him. Montreal hasn’t won the Cup since 1993 and the pressure is as high as ever to get things turned around.
Without Robinson to kick around, the Canadiens’ list of candidates is still pretty long.
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 0
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 16
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)