Apr 22, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Rangers forward Carl Hagelin will get to make his return in Game 6 tomorrow night. After sitting out the last three games thanks to his suspension for elbowing Daniel Alfredsson, Hagelin might just be returning at the same time as his childhood hero.
If there’s one thing Hagelin won’t do, however, it’s change his game. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants hears it from the young Swede about how he feels he plays a clean game despite being sat down.
Hagelin said he’s “excited to get back” and “what happened, happened.”
“I’m just going to keep playing my game,” Hagelin said. “I’m not a dirty player.”
That’s all well and good, although Hagelin’s return comes at a convenient time with Brian Boyle likely out of Game 6 with a concussion of his own thanks to a hard hit from Chris Neil. Hagelin’s speed will give the Rangers lineup a boost but they’ll need to find a way to beat Craig Anderson to make it pay off.
As for Hagelin, don’t expect to see further rough stuff from him and if the Sens take Game 6, you won’t see anything more from Hagelin until September.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 35
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 14
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)