Apr 22, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Rangers forward Carl Hagelin will get to make his return in Game 6 tomorrow night. After sitting out the last three games thanks to his suspension for elbowing Daniel Alfredsson, Hagelin might just be returning at the same time as his childhood hero.
If there’s one thing Hagelin won’t do, however, it’s change his game. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants hears it from the young Swede about how he feels he plays a clean game despite being sat down.
Hagelin said he’s “excited to get back” and “what happened, happened.”
“I’m just going to keep playing my game,” Hagelin said. “I’m not a dirty player.”
That’s all well and good, although Hagelin’s return comes at a convenient time with Brian Boyle likely out of Game 6 with a concussion of his own thanks to a hard hit from Chris Neil. Hagelin’s speed will give the Rangers lineup a boost but they’ll need to find a way to beat Craig Anderson to make it pay off.
As for Hagelin, don’t expect to see further rough stuff from him and if the Sens take Game 6, you won’t see anything more from Hagelin until September.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5