Apr 22, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
Rangers forward Carl Hagelin will get to make his return in Game 6 tomorrow night. After sitting out the last three games thanks to his suspension for elbowing Daniel Alfredsson, Hagelin might just be returning at the same time as his childhood hero.
If there’s one thing Hagelin won’t do, however, it’s change his game. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants hears it from the young Swede about how he feels he plays a clean game despite being sat down.
Hagelin said he’s “excited to get back” and “what happened, happened.”
“I’m just going to keep playing my game,” Hagelin said. “I’m not a dirty player.”
That’s all well and good, although Hagelin’s return comes at a convenient time with Brian Boyle likely out of Game 6 with a concussion of his own thanks to a hard hit from Chris Neil. Hagelin’s speed will give the Rangers lineup a boost but they’ll need to find a way to beat Craig Anderson to make it pay off.
As for Hagelin, don’t expect to see further rough stuff from him and if the Sens take Game 6, you won’t see anything more from Hagelin until September.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 4
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 12
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 25
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)