Apr 22, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Rangers forward Carl Hagelin will get to make his return in Game 6 tomorrow night. After sitting out the last three games thanks to his suspension for elbowing Daniel Alfredsson, Hagelin might just be returning at the same time as his childhood hero.
If there’s one thing Hagelin won’t do, however, it’s change his game. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants hears it from the young Swede about how he feels he plays a clean game despite being sat down.
Hagelin said he’s “excited to get back” and “what happened, happened.”
“I’m just going to keep playing my game,” Hagelin said. “I’m not a dirty player.”
That’s all well and good, although Hagelin’s return comes at a convenient time with Brian Boyle likely out of Game 6 with a concussion of his own thanks to a hard hit from Chris Neil. Hagelin’s speed will give the Rangers lineup a boost but they’ll need to find a way to beat Craig Anderson to make it pay off.
As for Hagelin, don’t expect to see further rough stuff from him and if the Sens take Game 6, you won’t see anything more from Hagelin until September.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (60)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)