Apr 22, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
Rangers forward Carl Hagelin will get to make his return in Game 6 tomorrow night. After sitting out the last three games thanks to his suspension for elbowing Daniel Alfredsson, Hagelin might just be returning at the same time as his childhood hero.
If there’s one thing Hagelin won’t do, however, it’s change his game. Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants hears it from the young Swede about how he feels he plays a clean game despite being sat down.
Hagelin said he’s “excited to get back” and “what happened, happened.”
“I’m just going to keep playing my game,” Hagelin said. “I’m not a dirty player.”
That’s all well and good, although Hagelin’s return comes at a convenient time with Brian Boyle likely out of Game 6 with a concussion of his own thanks to a hard hit from Chris Neil. Hagelin’s speed will give the Rangers lineup a boost but they’ll need to find a way to beat Craig Anderson to make it pay off.
As for Hagelin, don’t expect to see further rough stuff from him and if the Sens take Game 6, you won’t see anything more from Hagelin until September.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)