Apr 14, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
To say Game 2 between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers has been a heated contest would be an understatement. In addition to the fights and game misconducts, Daniel Alfredsson was the victim of a high elbow from Carl Hagelin.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hagelin spent five minutes in the sin bin for elbowing. Alfredsson left the game and will not return Saturday night. Although the severity of his injury has not been revealed, you can’t help but wonder if he’ll be able to play again in this series.
Regardless of what team you’re rooting for, it’s hard not to hope that Alfredsson is okay. After a distinguished career, Alfredsson recently talked about how this playoff run could be his last.
To have what could be his final series end because the Rangers bested his team would be one thing, but to have it end because of a high hit would be tragic.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 14
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 50
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 38
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)