Apr 14, 2012, 9:32 PM EST
To say Game 2 between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers has been a heated contest would be an understatement. In addition to the fights and game misconducts, Daniel Alfredsson was the victim of a high elbow from Carl Hagelin.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hagelin spent five minutes in the sin bin for elbowing. Alfredsson left the game and will not return Saturday night. Although the severity of his injury has not been revealed, you can’t help but wonder if he’ll be able to play again in this series.
Regardless of what team you’re rooting for, it’s hard not to hope that Alfredsson is okay. After a distinguished career, Alfredsson recently talked about how this playoff run could be his last.
To have what could be his final series end because the Rangers bested his team would be one thing, but to have it end because of a high hit would be tragic.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)