Apr 14, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
To say Game 2 between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers has been a heated contest would be an understatement. In addition to the fights and game misconducts, Daniel Alfredsson was the victim of a high elbow from Carl Hagelin.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hagelin spent five minutes in the sin bin for elbowing. Alfredsson left the game and will not return Saturday night. Although the severity of his injury has not been revealed, you can’t help but wonder if he’ll be able to play again in this series.
Regardless of what team you’re rooting for, it’s hard not to hope that Alfredsson is okay. After a distinguished career, Alfredsson recently talked about how this playoff run could be his last.
To have what could be his final series end because the Rangers bested his team would be one thing, but to have it end because of a high hit would be tragic.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 3
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9