Apr 14, 2012, 9:32 PM EST
To say Game 2 between the Ottawa Senators and New York Rangers has been a heated contest would be an understatement. In addition to the fights and game misconducts, Daniel Alfredsson was the victim of a high elbow from Carl Hagelin.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Hagelin spent five minutes in the sin bin for elbowing. Alfredsson left the game and will not return Saturday night. Although the severity of his injury has not been revealed, you can’t help but wonder if he’ll be able to play again in this series.
Regardless of what team you’re rooting for, it’s hard not to hope that Alfredsson is okay. After a distinguished career, Alfredsson recently talked about how this playoff run could be his last.
To have what could be his final series end because the Rangers bested his team would be one thing, but to have it end because of a high hit would be tragic.
- BREAKING: Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM 9
- Mike Richards clears waivers 22
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)