Apr 14, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT
Matt Carkner apparently took exception to some of Brian Boyle‘s attacks on blueliner Erik Karlsson during Thursday’s game. Carkner spent that contest in the press box and Boyle was either not ready or unwilling to fight, but neither of those facts stopped Carkner. You can view his actions below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Carkner received five minutes for fighting, two for instigating, and a game misconduct. The Rangers’ Brandon Dubinsky was also handed a game misconduct and a two minute roughing penalty. Brian Boyle went unpunished. However, when Chris Neil challenged him roughly six minutes later, Boyle responded by dropping his gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Game 1 wasn’t without it’s incidents either and there will probably be plenty of other major penalties handed out before a winner is declared in this first round series.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)