Apr 14, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT
Matt Carkner apparently took exception to some of Brian Boyle‘s attacks on blueliner Erik Karlsson during Thursday’s game. Carkner spent that contest in the press box and Boyle was either not ready or unwilling to fight, but neither of those facts stopped Carkner. You can view his actions below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Carkner received five minutes for fighting, two for instigating, and a game misconduct. The Rangers’ Brandon Dubinsky was also handed a game misconduct and a two minute roughing penalty. Brian Boyle went unpunished. However, when Chris Neil challenged him roughly six minutes later, Boyle responded by dropping his gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Game 1 wasn’t without it’s incidents either and there will probably be plenty of other major penalties handed out before a winner is declared in this first round series.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21