Apr 14, 2012, 9:09 PM EST
Matt Carkner apparently took exception to some of Brian Boyle‘s attacks on blueliner Erik Karlsson during Thursday’s game. Carkner spent that contest in the press box and Boyle was either not ready or unwilling to fight, but neither of those facts stopped Carkner. You can view his actions below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Carkner received five minutes for fighting, two for instigating, and a game misconduct. The Rangers’ Brandon Dubinsky was also handed a game misconduct and a two minute roughing penalty. Brian Boyle went unpunished. However, when Chris Neil challenged him roughly six minutes later, Boyle responded by dropping his gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Game 1 wasn’t without it’s incidents either and there will probably be plenty of other major penalties handed out before a winner is declared in this first round series.
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 0
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)