Apr 14, 2012, 9:09 PM EDT
Matt Carkner apparently took exception to some of Brian Boyle‘s attacks on blueliner Erik Karlsson during Thursday’s game. Carkner spent that contest in the press box and Boyle was either not ready or unwilling to fight, but neither of those facts stopped Carkner. You can view his actions below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Carkner received five minutes for fighting, two for instigating, and a game misconduct. The Rangers’ Brandon Dubinsky was also handed a game misconduct and a two minute roughing penalty. Brian Boyle went unpunished. However, when Chris Neil challenged him roughly six minutes later, Boyle responded by dropping his gloves:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Game 1 wasn’t without it’s incidents either and there will probably be plenty of other major penalties handed out before a winner is declared in this first round series.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)