Mar 25, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
The Blues have activated scoring winger Alex Steen off of injured reserve and according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, he’ll be back in the lineup tonight as the Blues face the Coyotes.
Steen missed the last 39 games with a concussion and before going out of the lineup, he was one of St. Louis’ top scorers. Now he comes back to a team that’s in the lead for home ice throughout the Western Conference playoffs and with a shot at the Presidents’ Trophy as well.
Steen’s 13 goals and 11 assists will be a great addition to a team that could use more offense to go with their suffocating defense and stellar goaltending. With the Blues getting healthier (and scarier) as the season winds down, teams in the West know well enough that they’ll be very tough team to deal with in the postseason.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (63)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)