Mar 25, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
The Blues have activated scoring winger Alex Steen off of injured reserve and according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, he’ll be back in the lineup tonight as the Blues face the Coyotes.
Steen missed the last 39 games with a concussion and before going out of the lineup, he was one of St. Louis’ top scorers. Now he comes back to a team that’s in the lead for home ice throughout the Western Conference playoffs and with a shot at the Presidents’ Trophy as well.
Steen’s 13 goals and 11 assists will be a great addition to a team that could use more offense to go with their suffocating defense and stellar goaltending. With the Blues getting healthier (and scarier) as the season winds down, teams in the West know well enough that they’ll be very tough team to deal with in the postseason.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)