Mar 25, 2012, 5:23 PM EST
The Blues have activated scoring winger Alex Steen off of injured reserve and according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, he’ll be back in the lineup tonight as the Blues face the Coyotes.
Steen missed the last 39 games with a concussion and before going out of the lineup, he was one of St. Louis’ top scorers. Now he comes back to a team that’s in the lead for home ice throughout the Western Conference playoffs and with a shot at the Presidents’ Trophy as well.
Steen’s 13 goals and 11 assists will be a great addition to a team that could use more offense to go with their suffocating defense and stellar goaltending. With the Blues getting healthier (and scarier) as the season winds down, teams in the West know well enough that they’ll be very tough team to deal with in the postseason.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)