Mar 25, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
The Blues have activated scoring winger Alex Steen off of injured reserve and according to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, he’ll be back in the lineup tonight as the Blues face the Coyotes.
Steen missed the last 39 games with a concussion and before going out of the lineup, he was one of St. Louis’ top scorers. Now he comes back to a team that’s in the lead for home ice throughout the Western Conference playoffs and with a shot at the Presidents’ Trophy as well.
Steen’s 13 goals and 11 assists will be a great addition to a team that could use more offense to go with their suffocating defense and stellar goaltending. With the Blues getting healthier (and scarier) as the season winds down, teams in the West know well enough that they’ll be very tough team to deal with in the postseason.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)